• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Tuned sidewinder sd30 code

Update on the issue above was a loose hose. The clamp came loose and hose popped off. All fixed now, full power again just that stupid code that i'm sure Dave will help us resolve. Want to thank everyone with the knowledgeable information this site kick #*$&@.
Sometimes it may need to be driven a little for the computer to recognize the problem has been fixed.

Sometimes it may need to be driven a little for the computer to recognize the problem has been fixed.
That's what i was hoping but he has probably put on 150 miles since flip. I told him tonight to ride his apex until i get a hold of Hurricane. Thanks.

Do you know what caused the 26 code was it just the flash or did you put the sled on its side or something
Sd26 is a boost leak code, nothing to do with the code some of you are getting, I posted because it seems like it’s a stubborn code to get rid of like mine was. My code had nothing to do with the hurricane tune, sled runs perfectly with the hurricane tunes. In my case what I think what happened was the day before I got the code I was doing some changes to my clutching and I ran the sled for a few minutes afterwards, got the sled to operating temp and shut it down. Temps were just above the freezing mark, that night the temps dropped to the -20*C’s. Next day went for a ride and when I opened the trailer the sled had a layer of frost on it, took quite awhile to get the sled started and when it finally started it sounded like it wasn’t running on all 3 cylinders, took a few minutes playing with the throttle and finally kicked in and was running normal. Few miles down the trail I got the sd26 code. I’m guessing the sensor/hose froze and caused the issue. Sometimes a code will disappear when issue is fixed or erased but sometimes it gets locked in the ecu and needs a delete all file from flasher to be erased. I was also told not to run the sled when that code was flashing.

That's what i was hoping but he has probably put on 150 miles since flip. I told him tonight to ride his apex until i get a hold of Hurricane. Thanks.
Oh sorry, I thought you said that you had just figured it out.

My buddy's sd30 is turning out to be a serious issue. His first outing this year while still on the trailer and it's -25F. It fires up and runs about a minute then shuts off. Refire it and notice oil light on and sd30. Long story short we get it inside and warm it up but no change so he rides my spare sled for the weekend. Next he replaces oil switch and oil sender and still has oil light and sd30. Next we changed oil filter and check oil psi with manual gauge. Absolutely 0 oil psi but it did fill the new filter with oil. It acts like whatever drives the pump is slipping after that super cold start up. Sled is all stock.
Any ideas before he takes it in for warranty????

My buddy's sd30 is turning out to be a serious issue. His first outing this year while still on the trailer and it's -25F. It fires up and runs about a minute then shuts off. Refire it and notice oil light on and sd30. Long story short we get it inside and warm it up but no change so he rides my spare sled for the weekend. Next he replaces oil switch and oil sender and still has oil light and sd30. Next we changed oil filter and check oil psi with manual gauge. Absolutely 0 oil psi but it did fill the new filter with oil. It acts like whatever drives the pump is slipping after that super cold start up. Sled is all stock.
Any ideas before he takes it in for warranty????

code-sd-30-after-i-rolled-right-side.164380

If that doesn't work, take it in. Did the cold start break the oil pump drive perhaps? Shouldn't have, but you never know.

Oil pump is driven off crank with a chain. If there's zero oil pressure, either the chain broke, or one of sprockets broke, or the oil pump drive shaft broke, or the oil pump is sucking air (oil pump mount bolts are loose or fell out). Big problem no matter which.
What oil is it? Hope it's not Klotz 0W-40 Estorlin!

Oil pump is driven off crank with a chain. If there's zero oil pressure, either the chain broke, or one of sprockets broke, or the oil pump drive shaft broke, or the oil pump is sucking air (oil pump mount bolts are loose or fell out). Big problem no matter which.
Has anyone ever seen the chain jump off?

code-sd-30-after-i-rolled-right-side.164380

If that doesn't work, take it in. Did the cold start break the oil pump drive perhaps? Shouldn't have, but you never know.
It acts like something in the pump drive. It did fill a new filter with oil but 0 psi. Everything was fine when he loaded on trailer in a warm shop. The troubles began after starting it at -25f.

0w-40 cat oil in his.
I run 0w-30 Amsoil in mine with no trouble so far.

Talked with Dave he’s going to do an erase file and load back in for my friends sled. Also added the xs825 belt to the order.

Last edited:

Back