• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Tuner Ski Information

SKI's in stock

Just ordered a set from Portyamaha, the sales guy on the phone was real helpful and they just got a new shipment in today. So if you are looking to try them they have em! No I don't work for them either. :sled1:

I have aprox. 120 pics and went with woody's 6 inch inner and 4 outer. Can't wait to get them and take a straight line ride.

I'm running the 4" and 6" woodys on my 09 xtx and love them big improvement over the duallys. The negative you will get stuck on streets with no snow or the gas station thats plowed. These things dig into the street and stop you like an anchor. I had to get dragged by my buddies numerous times. Be very careful crossing highways. Looks like I'm getting pics now.

I just did 400 + miles in Northern Ontario with 2" outside and 6" inside. Huge improvement over stock. But a buddy had the identical xtx as mine with split rails. Wow what an unbelievable change. Tuner skis are a must, but split rails are worth it if you can afford them.

I installed the 2-4 combination and pulled the limiter strap down one notch. This made all the diffrence in the world. I then had to readjust my suspension settings as the ski pressure was really heavy. Now I have great steering with minimal steering effort....feels like I have power steering. Handles like it's on rails!!

Installed and 15 mile ride.

What a difference, i was stunned with the difference (groomed,ungroomed, whooped out), it did not matter it went where I wanted the sled to go and not where the tracks wanted it to go. The steering effort was not heavier and the sled seemed to just travel as if on rails around corners. I also noticed that the ski lift seemed alot less.

I give them a A+ and the best money i spent on this sled so far. :jump: ;)!

Just put another 400 miles on my xtx with the 6/4 setup. Too much ski pressure and track spinning n fishtailing which I never had. Re-adusted large two nuts on rear suspension for weight transfer and much less track spin. Handles great especially with new OFT relocator.

Re: Installed and 15 mile ride.

rakor2000 said:
What a difference, i was stunned with the difference (groomed,ungroomed, whooped out), it did not matter it went where I wanted the sled to go and not where the tracks wanted it to go. The steering effort was not heavier and the sled seemed to just travel as if on rails around corners. I also noticed that the ski lift seemed alot less.

I give them a A+ and the best money i spent on this sled so far. :jump: ;)!

A totally agree. Love em! The only complaint at all is they seem a little flimsy compared to the original stock skis. Of course they are much lighter which is great, but I did already take a little chunk out of one side on a rock.

Just picked up a pair and am running the 6/2 setup from yamaha. I will try them out this weekend, and am off on a 1300km trip next week. I hope they are awesome!

I have 940 miles on my tuner skis now and am really impressed with the improvement they made. My question is, has any one noticed any cracking in the ski just ahead of the bottom of the ski loop. The cracks are on both skis just in front of the mold line on the ski. And no I didnt hit anything.

I have 400 miles on my tuners with 4 in and 4 out worked out pretty nice. I have to say though the Yamaha carbides suck, wore out the first set within 200 miles, went with the Woodys the second 200 miles and they are holding up great. Now I have to the 1000mile front end fix, bushings/ball joints because these skis will show you if you need to replace these items rather quickly. Still is twitchy but that's because of the loose bushings and ball joints

benny said:
I have 940 miles on my tuner skis now and am really impressed with the improvement they made. My question is, has any one noticed any cracking in the ski just ahead of the bottom of the ski loop. The cracks are on both skis just in front of the mold line on the ski. And no I didnt hit anything.

Read an article a month or so back in one of my sled magazines and they had a Vector they were testing with the Tuner skiis on it. Those skiis also cracked in the same spot you mentioned. The magazine said that Yamaha replaced them under warranty if I remember correctly.

I'd call the dealer, I'm sure Yamaha will cover this. I have almost 2000km's on them and no signs of cracking yet. (Knock on wood....)

We had very good luck with the Tuner skis on a 2008 Vector LT-X. 4" inside; bar outside. Made a new sled of it.

The other 2008 Vector LT-X that we still have has a set of wide Yamaha skins on the factory skis, which really help in deep snow. I run Dooly's on those and it that works great too, but on hard trails the Tuners were better.

What's the best way to eliminate the play in the tuner skis after install, also the rod that went through the old skis had what looked like a pin idk it was rusted would it help to replace those rods

Back