• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

TUNER SKIIS, Awesome!

yamariv

Expert
So I rode 600 miles on my stock 2011 Skiis and finally put my new Tuners on my XTX this moring before a 100 mile ride. Super easy to swap, took 20 mins max. I ended up going with a 4inch bar on the inside and a 2inch bar on the outside (my track is not studded). Heard a few guys on the site mention that the skiis had to be shimmed to get a tight fit but mine were nice and tight, fit like factory. Total cost for skiis and runners around $250 Canadian with my discount from the dealer.

So the analysis....I noticed a huge difference immediately! I didn't realize how much I was fighting the darting on the trails with the stock skiis. We currently have very hardpacked snow and the skiis drove straight and steady and were very light feeling while steering. Loved them in the corners, they gripped real good, I actually felt confident the sled would turn going around a corner where the stock little 3 inch bars would push and slide if you turned in to hard. Beware, you'll still get inside ski lift if you push them too hard but I'd rather have that then sliding push.

Didn't get a chance to try them in soft snow yet but they are definitely wider than the stock so I'd expect more floatation for sure. I'll update everyone once we get some fresh stuff. For now I highly recommend these bad boys, I really didn't think they would make so much of a difference! :Rockon:

$250 for those? What a deal. I've got Slydog Trails with regular Bergstroms skegs and it darts fairly bad. Your complete setup cost less than the Slydogs alone. Even though I don't have studs I might need to get a bit longer carbides since I have a long track.

My son's Phazer is also due to replace the stock skis and he wants more floatation. Heck, I would have gotten them for my other son's Doo but I just ordered some dual carbides for it. For just $100 more I could have gotten these.

Tuner Skiis

Just got out on mine today, best $300 I ever spent on this sled ! Running 4" and 2 " seems right on the money as far a grip goes. Coming off a set of Slydogs with shim kit, ski savers and tripple points. There is NO comparison . The tuners rail turns, feather light steering, and track dead straight. I thought it might be all hype, it's not !

I just had my first ride with the tuner skis with a 6 in 2 out set up. They are MUCH better than the stockers I was running with deuce bars. Sled goes where you want it and does not push. BUT.. It is still darting??? If I can fix the darting I will have to agree they are AWESOME!

snocrazy said:
I just had my first ride with the tuner skis with a 6 in 2 out set up. They are MUCH better than the stockers I was running with deuce bars. Sled goes where you want it and does not push. BUT.. It is still darting??? If I can fix the darting I will have to agree they are AWESOME!
align skis??? Helps A LOT!! if you havent done it.

I'm running the tuner skis with the 6 and 2 set up and no darting at. I've only put 300 miles on my Nytro and am impressed how well it handles compared to my firecat

Just got mine, 2" and 6", plan to do 750 miles in Northern Ontario this week, I hope they are as good as people say.

How good do these new skis do in the deep powder??? Just wondering because i'm soon getting a new pair of skis for my nytro xtx. thanks!!

09 nytro xtx
skinz ultra Q
Rox 2in adjust. riser
ultra plate
yamaheater with boost

I'm about to order these skis........just not sure of the carbide setup. I have an 09 XTX with 114 studs. 90% aggressive trail riding. Should I go with the 2-4 or the 2-6? Any feedback would be great.

I went aggresive on the bars 11/6 square inside 114 round outside. Very aggressive feel, she turns. No real hard steering, but noticable when slow or still in snow.

shortty said:
I'm about to order these skis........just not sure of the carbide setup. I have an 09 XTX with 114 studs. 90% aggressive trail riding. Should I go with the 2-4 or the 2-6? Any feedback would be great.

I would go something more that 4" and 2" for sure if your track is studded. I have that combo with the stock XTX track and its a good ballance of grip all around.

The next option on the chart from the website went right to 6/6. I wonder if a 6/2 or 6/4 would be effective?

I just did the 4" inside and standard bar outside on my XTX. Love the Tuner skis. My '12 Nytro XTX is in completely stock form other then the Tuner skis and it handles very well. I was a little leery when I purchased it and heard all about the nosey nature of the Nytro and it's handling "issues" but I can honestly say that my Nytro handles very well and I feel confident on it at all speeds. Granted the '09 geometry changes were probably helpers in handling, but I'm thinking for a "stock" change the Tuners probably did more for this sled then anything. You can probably find "better" skis, but you sure can't find better ones for the price!

I have found that if you want to really "get with it" the Nytro requires you to move around on it and do a little body weight shifting, but if you just want to cruise along more relaxed you can do that as well.

Back