• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Tunnel cargo rack

stomper

TY 4 Stroke Master
Being that I got my new Viper BTX late in the season last year I thought I would wait to completley outfit it this coming fall. One of the must have's for me is a rack system. I searched relentlessly and found the Up North Technologies modular rack system is exactly what I want and need. Checking their site today, it seems that they are not making them for the yamaha or cats anymore. Needless to say I am very disappointed. Is there another rack for the vipers that is similar to this rack.

try barn of parts. he is making a system for those sleds.

The Linq system and the amount of accessories they have is great. I roughed in some brackets on my Nytro to bolt the Linq brackets to so I could use their gas caddie. Mine were a bit crude but also inexpensive, the BOP adapter plates I've seen in the works look very professional.

My mounting plates will be very economically priced and include tunnel stiffeners for the viper/winder tunnels.

I wander if UP North discontinued the cat tunnel racks because they were having trouble with tunnel's bending. Their racks are very robust and stiffen the tunnel where they are mounted, but the fulcrum point for bending is in front of where their rack ends. In my opinion the tunnel needs reinforcement in front of the extension which is why I am creating stiffener plates for this area.

This is the email I received from Up North just today after inquired about their rack.

To address your question, we have phased out PRO SERIES cargo rack
models for Polaris, Yamaha, and Arctic Cat applications. Due to the
significant success of our LINQ adapter bracket product line, sales
volume of the racks for those three brands had dropped below levels
required to justify further production. The vast majority of
non-Ski-Doo owners are converting to the LINQ system using our products,
and we are focused on serving that need to a great extent.

Depending on your application, you may be able to utilize one of our
LINQ adapter units as well. We have sold our dual-position LINQ adapter
units to customers that were looking for a "platform" of some type to
attach a "box" that would be used for ice fishing, etc. Our LINQ
adapters actually serve very well as a base platforms for an add-on box,
whether it's a plastic tote or home-fabricated wood or metal box. If
your application involves the desire to attach some type of box
structure, we still may be able to provide you with a solution - please
contact me directly for additional details.

Thanks again for the inquiry!

Sincerely,

Ken Larson
President
Up North Technologies, Inc.

I wander if UP North discontinued the cat tunnel racks because they were having trouble with tunnel's bending. Their racks are very robust and stiffen the tunnel where they are mounted, but the fulcrum point for bending is in front of where their rack ends. In my opinion the tunnel needs reinforcement in front of the extension which is why I am creating stiffener plates for this area.

I can't wait to see what you have in the plans. I don't plan on hauling to heavy of load. Stuff like a small back pack and a small can of gas, but I do like the idea of the stiffener plates. Are the stiffener plates going to rivet to the sides of the tunnel? If so, inside or outside. One of the things I really liked about the UNT rack was how it covered the tail light and protected it.

Back