• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

tunnel for phazer

what makes it possible for the venture to run a 15" track are the chassis similar enough to make a 15" setup for the phazer just a thought im kicking aroundanyone have some input?

Im sure someone will correct me if im wrong but i believe it is possible to get a 15" wide track in the tunnel by moving some rivets, BUT the bulk head will only allow 14.5-14.75". I have heard of ppl modifying the bulk head but not sure if it is worth it in the end.

So the quick answer is you cant get a 15" wide track in without extensive modification. But anything is possible with enough blood, sweat and beers.

Most people just cut down a wider track. There are many posts on the here and Youtube.
I realize that I didnt answer your question. I think I read in another post the the bulkheads are wider.

The Venture lite and MP are wider at the heat exchange which forms the front of the tunnel. This makes the main frame arch which is just ahead of the fuel tank wider as well. Consequently, the fuel tank is wider. The front frame clip starts wider and narrows towards the nose. The a-arms and the attachments for the a-arms are the same as the Phazers. The side covers are the same and all of the drive train parts are interchangable with the exception probably of the cross shaft as the cast side frames are several inches further apart.

I bought a Venture MP because I wanted the 16" track format and this year finally converted it to Phazer plastics - I had been planning to do this from the day I purchased it. I feel like I really have a great sled now, very similar I would think to a Phazer but with a big track under it. :-o

Attachments

• tricked out left quarter.jpg
    tricked out left quarter.jpg
    362.9 KB · Views: 66
  • tricked out left side.jpg
    tricked out left side.jpg
    380.4 KB · Views: 74
yeah i dont know how yamaha thought they could put torque down to the snow with a 14 wide track its not like any consumer out there would complain about the extra weight and durability of the drivetrain to run a 15 track, this sled should have come factory with a challenger not a maverick in my opinion too

karl is your sled as tippy with the wider track? dosent look like you are running the sway bar either?

Hi BCM, I don't have anything recent to compare it to. It was very tippy and I tipped it over a lot early on when I was learning to ride it. All the mods have helped a bunch. It is really sweet now, Simmons Gen2 skis, 16x2x159 Challenger track, BarkBuster narrow a-arm kit. no sway bar and zero preload on the front shock springs. I have never seen a groomed trail before, and expect it would be a bit squirly at high speed cornering. It rocks in the type of terrain I am riding. I do think the wider track probably helps with stability.

Back