• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

tunnel,rivets,frame, chasis

black knight

Expert
O.K my question to all and all that have HIGH miles on these sleds.
i have over 10,000k so fare and know the problems(very few) for these machines. I am wondering about the chasis on these and any problems at high miles. Any rivets or welds that are eventually going to come lose or week pionts in the fabrication process that don' t show up untill you get around 15,000k on them. Back in the day these where scarry numbers for the frames(tunnels) on machines even on groomed trails(sloppy rivets)
Anyone found any week points

07 apex gt

Thanks in advance

Typically before each ride I try to go through my entire sled at least the things that are most important. I check for any loose rivets and fasteners, if I find one I replace it immediately as I've found a few hundred miles on a loose rivet will make it much more difficult to repair later. The hole gets elongated and also the metal around the hole wears through. As for anything else, just look for cracks and stress. I replaced about 5 to 10 rivets on my Apex in the 7,000 miles and have already done 1-2 on my Nytro with about 2,400 miles. I look at it as general maintenance as the way they are abused it's amazing they stay together at all.

look at the rivets in the rear holding the cooling pipe up,when they get loose the pipe rubs on metal causing a future issue if not fixed. 1 more thing i have to do in the warm weather! :drink:

Back