• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

turbo apex clutching

99yamahasrx

Hey guys....i have a alpine front mount apex that i have brought from the mountains to the east coast....i am running 14psi boost....i was wondering what you guys are all doing for clutching around sea level with similar boost numbers....mountain gearing and a 162 2.5 track....i have super tips in there so i can adjust to whatever i need.....ive heard a purple cat spring or epi spring but i wasnt sure....what spring and what helix and what wrap on the spring would a guy need to get it running like it should at 14psi....i know i have to run race gas and thats no a problem.....any help would greatly be appreciated....thanks

B/W/B primary spring, 14.5mm rollers, EPI purple secondary spring wrapped at 0/1 with a 47deg helix. As far as loading up your Supertips, you will have to do some more research on that one. I run Dalton DPYR adjustable weights with 94grams in them but the Supertips have a more aggressive angle so you will need less weight. I am sure someone can chime in on a starting point with those weights. Shad

Back