• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Turbo deleama give me your opinion

bluesrxman

Extreme
Website
www.midwaydental.com
So I purchased the Yamaha factory turbo kit along with my LTX in November, at that time my dealer received a ship date from Yamaha as January 17th witch didn't happen. My dealer called me today as he finily got another updated ship date from Yamaha of March 5th. This is the third time Yamaha has changed the date.
Now here's my deleama shoud I keep the Factory kit on order and wait it out or cancel and order a kit from Ulmer or the Huricane kit???

How much is a cost a factor? I can vouch for the Hurricane kit to be an easy, straightforward install that I have had no problems with for the 800 miles I have ridden so far.

If I buy a turbo kit it will be from Push. It is the most clean, best thought out, OEM quality turbo kit IMO.

I wouldn't look past the mcx kit. They have built more turbos than anyone out there and have a simple, clean, easy to install system with the most proven fuel system to date. There are a bunch out there to chose from, but with the troubles Mpi has had delivering and keeping dates I would highly recommend mcx.

I'm assuming that would be a mountain kit, I believe those orders were filled before the trail kits were built.

I talked to MPI earlier this week and it sounded like they had multiple kits ready to go, but they were waiting on the turbo itself from mistubishi. It sounded like they were supposed to ship this week. Did you try to call them direct and get some answers there?

It does suck though that yamaha offers this, and then they can't meet demand. It's a short season, and it doesn't help much to get it at the end of feb.

I do have a higher level of confidence in the MPI kit than others, if only for the reason that yamaha is standing behind it. I'm sure the testing for yamaha to approve is probably the most stringent of any of the aftermarket shops.

We installed the MPI turbos a few weeks ago and I love this sled even more! fun factor goes way up! Wait for the MPI is my 2 cents. yours should be here by now, we got ours in late dec. I like the fact that Yamaha stands behind MPI, I heard a bit of how Yamaha tested these sleds with turbos and I liked what I heard.

So I purchased the Yamaha factory turbo kit along with my LTX in November, at that time my dealer received a ship date from Yamaha as January 17th witch didn't happen. My dealer called me today as he finily got another updated ship date from Yamaha of March 5th. This is the third time Yamaha has changed the date.
Now here's my deleama shoud I keep the Factory kit on order and wait it out or cancel and order a kit from Ulmer or the Huricane kit???

Hurricane 190hp kit is rock solid. Tuned for 87 octane, Garrett ball bearing turbo, PCV, oversized injectors, Hindle muffler. Easy upgrade to 240hp. Getting a little late in the season to be messing with a turbo kit so why not cancel the one you have on order and consider your options during the off season.

i have the hurricane and love it. depends on what you want and what you get back. if you have the spring order and cancel it and get only get 2g back i would stick with the MPI. if you have the 3500 into it would be a tough decision. i personaly would go to hurricane. yamaha trail is set at 4.5 lbs and the hurricane is at 5.5. and for the same money. the hurricane is an easier install for yourself also. the dealer buy me is about 5600 out the door for everything on a turbo. (turbo, clutching, and labor) do it yourself through hurricane for 3800 or so with clutching.

We installed the MPI turbos a few weeks ago and I love this sled even more! fun factor goes way up! Wait for the MPI is my 2 cents. yours should be here by now, we got ours in late dec. I like the fact that Yamaha stands behind MPI, I heard a bit of how Yamaha tested these sleds with turbos and I liked what I heard.
Thanks for the reply... I will need to look you up some time I'm over in Lakes of the North.
I'm really missing the power I had in my old sled and not happy Yamaha keeps pushing ship date back

i have the hurricane and love it. depends on what you want and what you get back. if you have the spring order and cancel it and get only get 2g back i would stick with the MPI. if you have the 3500 into it would be a tough decision. i personaly would go to hurricane. yamaha trail is set at 4.5 lbs and the hurricane is at 5.5. and for the same money. the hurricane is an easier install for yourself also. the dealer buy me is about 5600 out the door for everything on a turbo. (turbo, clutching, and labor) do it yourself through hurricane for 3800 or so with clutching.
Mine was not a spring order so I'm not really loosing any cash for canceling. I'm trying to decide if I should suck it up and stay with the Yamaha kit in the case that I have issues I would hope their would be less finger pointing being all Yamaha.
All though I'm sure the Hurricane kit is awesome, I used Dave in the past for parts on my Nytro and he and his crew are top notch.

I'm assuming that would be a mountain kit, I believe those orders were filled before the trail kits were built.

I talked to MPI earlier this week and it sounded like they had multiple kits ready to go, but they were waiting on the turbo itself from mistubishi. It sounded like they were supposed to ship this week. Did you try to call them direct and get some answers there?

It does suck though that yamaha offers this, and then they can't meet demand. It's a short season, and it doesn't help much to get it at the end of feb.

I do have a higher level of confidence in the MPI kit than others, if only for the reason that yamaha is standing behind it. I'm sure the testing for yamaha to approve is probably the most stringent of any of the aftermarket shops.
I have not called MPI direct but I will do so on Monday. Thanks

[TE="bluesrxman, post: 1207788, member: 1264"]Thanks for the reply... I will need to look you up some time I'm over in Lakes of the North.
I'm really missing the power I had in my old sled and not happy Yamaha keeps pushing ship date back[/QUOTE

Look us up. We just had a sweet back
County ride with a bunch of friends from lakes of the North this weekend, great times.. Pm me.

Back