• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Turbo In Minnesota

dirk_03

Expert
Ok i am still having issues getting my sled tuned. It doesn't feel much better than the 2011 800 Rmk sitting in my garage and that is just not right. I need some motivation to work on the sled.

I guess what I am looking for is a someone resonably close with a vector, nytro, rx1 with a turbo. I would like to just take it for a very short spin(10 min or so). I am not out to rod on anything I just need to feel what it should really feel like. Looking for low boost. 10lbs or so. Head shim prefered.

If anyone that is reasonable close that is willing to do this and help a guy out please let me know.

You are about 100 miles from me. Which is not to bad, I have a friend that has a turbo nytro mtx that would probally give me a better feel for how mine should be than the supercharger. not to mention I don't wanna fall in love with a supercharger since I don't have one. I think there is a impulse nytro for sale in clear lake, I think i saw it on ebay.

I have an 03 RX 1 you could have ridden it.. until the turbo inner seal went out Saturday. Might be on the snow this weekend if the Center cart shows up and I get all the oil cleaned up. Lost about 1.5 qts in a hurry. Not sure where you are. I am in Cannon Falls. What exactly is your sled doing, or not doing?

Muskrat

muskrat said:
I have an 03 RX 1 you could have ridden it.. until the turbo inner seal went out Saturday. Might be on the snow this weekend if the Center cart shows up and I get all the oil cleaned up. Lost about 1.5 qts in a hurry. Not sure where you are. I am in Cannon Falls. What exactly is your sled doing, or not doing?

Muskrat

The sled jsut feels like it is not making power. I checked the compression, have checked alot of things and have not found anything wrong. I am going to pressure test everything and see where I end up. I can see the header pretty well and don't see any leaks or cracks but I may just pull it off and check it out.

Mine felt that way after I put a Cometic, thicker gasket in it. The gasket was leaking around an oil passage. (Wasn't made correctly). They refunded my money for the gasket only. I put two yamaha gaskets on it and it was much better. Changed the secondary spring and it really rocked then. I have a new center section coming so hopefully back on the snow soon. Good Luck. BTW Do you have a wideband O2 ?

I have a powderlites head shim in it. I am not getting any pressure in the coolant so I am pretty sure that the head gasket is ok.

dirk_03 said:
You are about 100 miles from me. Which is not to bad, I have a friend that has a turbo nytro mtx that would probally give me a better feel for how mine should be than the supercharger. not to mention I don't wanna fall in love with a supercharger since I don't have one. I think there is a impulse nytro for sale in clear lake, I think i saw it on ebay.

Yeah you probably wont want to take a pull on mine if you enjoy instant boost and response, its crazy responsive and almost hard to drive sometimes.

Were heading to Okoboji tommorrow to ride for winter fest.

Back