• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

turbo install question?

I'm installing a Push turbo kit onto my Nytro, I've got it all in place and everything but there are 2 threaded holes that are both open, one on each side of the turbo, there is nothing in the instructions about putting fittings or plugs in them and nothing in the kit that threads into these holes. I'm wondering if it was overlooked when the kit was put together. what are they for? do they need to be plugged?
gbcmfZL.jpg

I'm installing a Push turbo kit onto my Nytro, I've got it all in place and everything but there are 2 threaded holes that are both open, one on each side of the turbo, there is nothing in the instructions about putting fittings or plugs in them and nothing in the kit that threads into these holes. I'm wondering if it was overlooked when the kit was put together. what are they for? do they need to be plugged?
gbcmfZL.jpg
I believe those holes are for running coolant lines to. Many kits don't use them.

If there's any way that you can hook them up it will make the turbo last longer. The center section was designed to be water cooled.

Ken........

If there's any way that you can hook them up it will make the turbo last longer. The center section was designed to be water cooled.

Ken........
Boondocker apex kit is water cooled. Take a look at their installation instructions, it may be helpful for you.

So I'm just going to leave the holes open on the turbo since they are just for cooling. I'm now trying to figure out the power commander wiring, the instructions that came with it are for a motorcycle of some kind and have no pictures or proper step by step how to on my install, 3 issues I'm having problems figuring out are...
1)The instructions from Push say "Install fuel management controller to wire harness plug located behind left side of radiator(done), and connect hose to fitting on left side of airbox." there is no hose included with this harness nor is there a fitting on the left side of the airbox. there is a small box connected to the wiring stuff in this step that looks like it is meant to have a hose hooked onto it, is this just a breather or does it need to be hooked to something specific?
mbkDqQT.jpg
2) On the power commander box itself there are 2 plug ports and 7 single wire ports, do I need to plug anything into any of these ports?
0Y8tBzX.jpg
3)Onthe wideband 2 control box, there are 2 plugs, do these get used for anything? also there is a clump of wires that have been run into 1 black and 1 red wire(not in picture), where would the 2 red and black wires get hooked into?
PSZHKJV.jpg
any advice would be much appreciated, I would just contact Push and get this sorted out but I started my install after hours on friday and want my sled up and running for tomorrow. Thanks!

On the wideband2, one plug goes to the O2 sensor in your muffler, and the other one goes into the PCV box. The other open port on the PCV box is for the pod300 lcd screen if you have it.

On the intake manifold, do you have a nipple for an air hose? That small box is the pressure sensor i believe, it will need to have a hose going from the charge tube to that black box so it can read the boost level.

Go on the dynotjet website, they have the installation instructions for everything right on the site, it will tell you where to plug everything in.

No need to watercool the turbo, it doesnt get that because the track is constantly blasting it with snow.

Right on thanks for the help, I think I've got it all hooked up right. The small black box turns out is an atmospheric pressure sensor so it's not supposed to have anything hooked to that tube line, as long as it stays dry.

The small black box with the nipple and plug with 3 wires on it is your map sensor, it needs to be connected to a vacuum line so it senses vacuum and boost pressure. That then has to be connected to the PCV with a small wire.

please say that's not Teflon tape on the oil feed fitting.

You need to use copper crush washers under your oil fittings and I would definitely hook that turbo into your cooling system. It will help to keep the turbo heat down. It's there! why not use it?

Back