• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Turbo options from yamaha for 2011 Nytro MTX

Apex2654

Found this today on Snowest. Hopefully standard on 2012s. :Rockon:

Yamaha Announces Major Options for 2011 Nytro MTX

Yamaha-exclusive 180-hp Push Turbo, MPI Supercharger systems
Yamaha announced at a press conference today at Hay Days exclusive power options for 2011 Yamaha Nytro MTX models.

A Push Turbo and MPI Supercharger system will be available through Yamaha dealers later this fall. Both systems will produce 180 horsepower and feature factory presets that eliminate user tuning.

Both the Push Turbo system and MPI Supercharger system are designed for 6,000-ft and higher elevation applications.

Both systems are priced at under $4,000 USD.

Yamaha also announced an optional rear suspension kit for the Nytro MTX that reduces the weight by approx. 25 pounds.

More to come...

UPDATE

Here's the details:

FX Nytro MTX Turbo
By Push Turbo
Distributed exclusively by Yamaha Genuine Parts & Accessories

MSRP: $3,995
YPAD Part Number: SMA-TURBO-00-00

Fits 2008-2011 FX Nytro MTX Models
Easy installation, only cutting required is a 2-1/4 in hole for charge tube. Turbo comes pre-assembled and mounts above tunnel in place of factory exhaust muffler.
Uses OEM style wiring connectors
180 HP on premium pump gas
8 psi boost (non-adjustable)
1-year warranty (through Push Turbo)
Available exclusively at Yamaha dealerships
For use above 6,000 ft elevation

"The Push Turbo kit is designed only for operation at elevations above 6000 feet. While installation of this kit will not 'void' your snowmobile's warranty, specific failures determined by Yamaha to have resulted from installation of kit components or other modifications may not be covered by the Yamaha limited warranty or extended service coverage." -Official release statement.

FX Nytro MTX Supercharger
by Mountain Performance Inc.
http://www.mountainperformance.com/superchargers.htm

MSRP: $3,995
YPAD Part Number: SMA-SUPER-00-00

Fits 2008-2011 FX Nytro MTX models
Uses OEM Style wiring connectors
Uses stock exhaust
180 HP on premium pump gas
6 psi boost (non adjustable)
Features fuel-only GEMS control module that is non-adjustable
1-year warranty (through MPI)
Available exclusively at Yamaha dealerships
For use above 6,000 ft elevation

"The MPI Supercharger kit is designed only for operation at elevations above 6000 feet. While installation of this kit will not 'void' your snowmobile's warranty, specific failures determined by Yamaha to have resulted from installation of kit components or other modifications may not be covered by the Yamaha limited warranty or extended service coverage." -Official release statement.

This comes at a surpise that MCX doesn't have anything to do with this being how close they work with yamaha and getting sleds before anybody else. where did push turbos come from? anybody ever run this setup or see a kit yet? there site only talks about 2-stroke kits and skidon't 1200 kits.

Pretty weird that company pushturbo comes from nowhere welling an oem/yamaha turbo option from dealerships

mulot30th said:
Pretty weird that company pushturbo comes from nowhere welling an oem/yamaha turbo option from dealerships

if you get a chance to see one in person i think the craftsmanship is very much a part of the decision - very nicely done kit and simple install. seems like legit offering for guys wanting to try out boost.

who has one or has seen this setup i know they problems with the turbo coolers cracking on the 2-strokes last year but this nytro is totally new and untested out west i bet

This was at hayday's.
I have the Yamaha catalog in front of me with a the turbo and supercharger kit's.

Thanks for helping me out guys. :yam: :die

No intercooler on the SC kit? - lower boost so maybe they won't have IC's on either kit?

Is there a turbo kit in the catalog?

Back