• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Turbo Phazer guys, how do you like them and do they last?

Nitrousman1

Expert
I'm considering an 07 MCXpress turbo Phazer with a 144" track on it but I've heard fixed things on the turbo Phazers. This thing is running around 12lbs of boost but I'm not sure what it has done to the motor but its been boosted since its first year. He said it makes about 160HP on pump fuel and runs like a top. The price seems fair but its a long way away from me so I would be taking a chance on buying it but the owner has offered to take it to the local Yamaha dealer and have them look it over and give me a call and they were the one's that did the install. What do you think? My insurance is most likely going to total my boosted Nytro so I'm looking for a new toy. Thanks.

enuf what said, just a link about crappy muffler joints starting turbo, and non-turbo phazers on fire?

The flex joints can and should be replaced with something a little bit stronger. I got expansion joints off of a turbo car that look like they are gonna hold up alot better. These expansion joints do even fail on stock sleds so you cant just blame the turbo, even though im sure it doesnt help. If the guy is only running 12 pounds there is no way he is making 160hp its probably more like 140hp, make sure hes got a head shim or has been running the appropriate fuel for the boost and compression. Be prepare to change out the track as the stock 144 is garbage. Most ppl going to 151 or 153's. If your used to a nytro and if you like a nytro i would say get another one as the phazers handle differently and not everyone likes em.

I'm not sure that I would really like the handling of the Phazer but it is lighter than the Nytro which would make it fun with the turbo on it. I'll just wait on my insurance claim and go from there. Thanks.

Back