• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Twisted triple rate springs

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 Yamaha SR Viper LTX
2007 Skidoo MXZ 600 SDI
Past:2009 Yamaha Nytro
Well I got my fronts back today from HyGear and they look great. I have the sport package set up now. Any advice from anyone running the triple rate springs for how much preload? (On springs) Any feedback?

If hygear set them up for you then you should be good. Didn't they ask for your riding weight and the type of riding you do? They did me and the shocks were perfect out of the box. I ditch bang and beat the piss out of my suspension and I have not really had to do any adjustments.

If hygear set them up for you then you should be good. Didn't they ask for your riding weight and the type of riding you do? They did me and the shocks were perfect out of the box. I ditch bang and beat the piss out of my suspension and I have not really had to do any adjustments.
I did give them all my weight and info. I was just curious because the collar (nut) seems loose. Maybe assume they will tighten with the weight of the sled?

All of them loose? I do not think mine were loose. Try some weight and see.

Yeah right now I can turn the collar (nut) by hand. Did it by accident on one shock when looking at it. I will put on the sled tomorrow or Thursday and see but may just call Hygear in the morning. Thanks for the reply. Sounds like you are happy with your set up?

Very happy. :whine::whine:. Just wish it was lighter for side hilling.

I hear you on that. I have been leaning towards the viper but might ride my nytro a couple of more seasons.

Ha ha. I have looked at them also. There is a thread on here about the diff btwn the two. I think I will look at the 40" mountain tech front bars. Cheaper then a new sled. I do think it will help get the sled on it's side for off trail. But that is another post.

Back