• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sidewinder Skid Shock Length / Aftermarket Shocks

without suit on and no luggage, i could always stiffen up if need be but cant just instantly go on diet!!! lol

Had exits for past few years on the rear thinking I just wanted ability to stiffen it up a few clicks when things got whooped out and they were reasonable. That said I just bought 4 Elkas to replace them. In 3500 miles they have been rebuilt 4 times, The spring broke, the eyelet keeps wearing out around cross shaft, they could never hold nitrogen for more than a few weeks, and you have to remove your center idler wheels to fit them also. I’d say for “cheap” shocks the qs3 is best option, I’ll never run an exit shock again and elka or axis is the shock of choice if you want a serious product.

I am thinking about going with a complete Elka package for my 2022 LTX GT. I have not heard anything bad about them.
I believe a few here have had them.

Haven’t got any miles on my Elkas yet but I’m excited to. Can really tell the quality differance from the exits I had. The number of issues running the shock gave was insane too, have to remove inner wheels so now no slide protection, wheels and sliders and studs all take beating and wore at an angle, the center shaft was bent and beat by drive lugs yearlyX the end cap on shock that shaft went through was destroyed yearly, it never held nitrogen. I’d have to refill it weekly. Elka has Has bushings with a bit of movement to prevent those issues, mounts shock the other way so I can use wheels again. So stoked for the change.

I just ordered a set of the Elka sport 4 shocks and springs from Accelerated Technologies.
I hope they live up to the Hype....

I just ordered a set of the Elka sport 4 shocks and springs from Accelerated Technologies.
I hope they live up to the Hype....
Got the stage 4 for mine aswell from a guy in upstate ny, kinda excited to see how it goes! Lots of little features I like. Some stuff I wish could be done too but that’s issues with the shock lengths and sizes and skid geometry that would keep me from doing that. So these are best option I think. And stage 5 I just don’t want to be screwing with the high speed adjustment. Even tho I’m sure I’ll wish I was at some point.

I've decided to send the QS3'r shock package on the winder up to John for a revalve and dual rate springs. Just can't find the happy medium with the existing compression settings and OEM springs on the fronts. Too much spring preload and it rolls over too much, too little the shock bottoms out easy. Although the ride is decent you give up a lot of travel trying to find that happy spot. I also have too much preload on the center shock trying to balance out the weight. So, it's time for a change in direction.

I've decided to send the QS3'r shock package on the winder up to John for a revalve and dual rate springs. Just can't find the happy medium with the existing compression settings and OEM springs on the fronts. Too much spring preload and it rolls over too much, too little the shock bottoms out easy. Although the ride is decent you give up a lot of travel trying to find that happy spot. I also have too much preload on the center shock trying to balance out the weight. So, it's time for a change in direction.
He has a nice mod that makes 3 a bit softer. I’d personally just like a 2.5 setting in there and ditch that useless 1 setting . But great choice.

For my 17 LTX, I decided to go with the Hygear dual-rate spring set for the ski shocks, QS3 rear with DSC valve installed, and SRX torsion springs. We'll see how it rides this year. It wasn't terrible before... but I am always trying to improve things.

i have a brand new QS3 with rebound for rear skid shock, used for one 100klm ride and then sled was written off. i took all the new parts from it before ins got their hands on it. shock was $1700.00 shock sell for 700.00 Qashina coated
Pm sent

How did you like the dual rate springs? Did they make a difference on the front?

Back