• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Under Tunnel Exhaust - Nytro MTX

errol

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2018 SW B-TX LE 50th
Here is my idea for a under tunnel exhaust!

Thanks to NytroManiac for the idea of the Yoshimura RS-5!

The worst part was building a "S" shape mid pipe!
I took the mid pipe that came with the Yosh and welded it together
with the "input" pipe section of the stock exhaust.

I know, it look "artisanal" but that's the best I could do!

Hopefully, my Nytro will work fine with this setup
and it will hold up the abuse of mountain and boondocking riding!

Errol

Looks cool. I have some concerns on deep snow days about packing the pipe full of snow....that could be a bad thing. Some people have tilted the outlet of the pipe sideways to try to prevent it from happening. I'm curious to see how this performs. Please let us know when you get to ride it!

RandMan, if you look at the first pictures you can see there is plenty of room! I'd would say 4-5 inches.

Butta, I ran a TJ's under tunnel exhaust on my Apex Mtn and no issues at all in deep powder days!

I do not foresee any problems with this setup on my Nytro but I will let you know!

Hoping for this kind of snow soon!

looks good. Were you trying not to cut on the stock header?

Have you had a chance to fire it up? I am curious as to the noise difference....

Yes! I did not want to cut the stock header!

Yes I fired it up!

At idle there is a slight difference in the noise level compare to stock!

But when you hit the throttle... :die

;)!

I would suggest compressing the suspension because you only have about 4.5 inches total to squeeze the exhaust into the mtx

I have more than 1600 miles with this setup and no problem at all!

I did the glass pack set up with a slight outlet to one side and no problems at all. In side the glass pack is a bike silencer. Pretty quite. Not hits on the glass pack and did not cut the stock header.

I built the exhaust out of a dynamax bullet muffler and a down pipe from Summit Racing. It is a car muffler, 4 inch diameter and 2.5 inlet and out.

I know this might be blasphemy but has anyone tried to put the stock exhaust under the tunnel after straightening the header and mid-pipe?

I hate loud pipes! After being at all AMA and World Superbike races per season, I've heard enough loud multi cylinder four strokes!! My ears need a break during the off season

I put a RS-3 from a GSXR 1000. Cut 4" off of the muffler to make it fit a bit better under the tunnel. Bent the header down and made an "s" mid pipe to connect to the muffler. I will post pics when I get some. :4STroke:

Back