• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Under Tunnel Exhaust - Nytro MTX

One of my friend try to put the stock muffler under the tunnel and it does NOT work!

The track did hit the muffler!

Ebay a used motorcycle exhaust. Light and cheap. If you spend the time to reweld the exhaust for an undertunnel mount do it right the first time.

Once you weight the the stocker compared to a lighter cycle exhaust versus the time spent re-attaching it you'd never want to bother doing it twice.

Otis

Under Tunnel Exhaust

Here's my under tunnel exhaust that I pulled together with a 2Brothers and $40.00 stock exhaust manifold off e-bay. The exhaust came off a Honda Hawk GT647. It has a 2" inlet and exhaust ID.
All I had to do was have my muffler shop make me a reducer from 1.625" to 2" to fit the inlet ($5) and I welded a bracket to the reducer( or expander?) to bolt it to bracket next to where the seat pads sit on the tunnel. I machined a aluminum bracket to bolt to the back tunnel support with 2 bolts and is held in place with a stainless U bolt. Very simple and clean.
I also powder coated the manifold with a titanium heat coating ($35) to help with any heat issues.
I've only been out for 2 trips so far, about 76 miles total. Everyone I ride with likes the sound and compliments how deep and throaty the sled sounds. In the parking lot, one 2stroker came up to me and said that that's how a real snowmobile should sound like. So far it's been a positive MOD. I have a lot more power and there has been no clearance issues- when totally bottoming out the skid, I have about 3-3 1/2" before the track would touch the outlet. I'm still dialing in the PCIII.

Attachments

• 102_0377a.jpg
    102_0377a.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 454
  • 102_0378a.jpg
    102_0378a.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 277
  • 102_0376a.jpg
    102_0376a.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 297
Anybody figure out how to make a rear mount Turbo quieter. I have an Ulmer rear mount, & I have to wear earplugs.

I either need to make this quieter, or sell it and start over.

Love the performance though, but it's a matter of time before MN, WI, or MI DNR ticket me. Colorado, don't care...

Stock muffler DOES work under tunnel

Saw a 2008 Nytro today with a stock muffler mounted under tunnel. The exhaust was lengthened and the stock muffler was st the very end of the tunnel with a 90 degree bend in it.

The owner told me it had been on for three hundred miles and I looked for `track contact marks.... There are none.

otis said:
I have the Yoshi RS-5 with the quiet insert and it's almost scary how quiet it is.

Otis
Would it be possible to give me some ID measurements of the quiet insert? I have a jardine muffler that I am trying to quiet down. Thanks

So Far I am not seeing any truth to the snow pack thing, Mine dumps like 2/3 back the tunnel straight out and rode yesterday in the heavy est bottomless cement like trenching snow I have rode in and it never missed a beat. I'm running a Excell header cut off right after the collector going right into my 2" in/out 3.5" OD muffler made by Coast Mfg in CA. Sounds good but it louder than stock for sure. And the muffler weighs 3.5 pounds. will try to get some pics when I have time.

I did mine to clean up the tunnel. Didn't like the exhaust sticking out there and it is very nice to be able to haul a gas can right up against my Skinz seat since Im not very good at Not jumping when I have 5 gallons on back.
Gascanjump.jpg

Back