• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Unexpected vibration!!!

If in UP many trails have a very icy hard base under powder. If powder isn’t deep enough at certain speeds studded track does cause vibration since it’s like a Super Swamper tire on concrete. If in doubt just dip off Trail a bit to make sure that’s source. I experienced this quite often last weekend in the thinner snow areas of up.

Guys sorry for the late reply have been working and playing in the snow. So 2 weeks ago went on a trip by sled from Tomahawk WI to Lake Gogebic. Spent 2 days in the UP racking up miles and then hit the trail back to Tomahawk a day later. All in all put about 700 miles on the sled. I did not change anything before the trip. Had no vibration at all. 2 days later went to the St. Germain Biki races put another 150 miles on last Sat. Still no issue. The Viper ran great!! I believe it was the frozen trails with little snow on them as Cannondale described on his trip the same time I was having the vibration issue. Sorry I do not have any revelation to the issue but to attribute this to the conditions. Thanks all for the replies:rocks: See ya on the trails :sled2:

Guys sorry for the late reply have been working and playing in the snow. So 2 weeks ago went on a trip by sled from Tomahawk WI to Lake Gogebic. Spent 2 days in the UP racking up miles and then hit the trail back to Tomahawk a day later. All in all put about 700 miles on the sled. I did not change anything before the trip. Had no vibration at all. 2 days later went to the St. Germain Biki races put another 150 miles on last Sat. Still no issue. The Viper ran great!! I believe it was the frozen trails with little snow on them as Cannondale described on his trip the same time I was having the vibration issue. Sorry I do not have any revelation to the issue but to attribute this to the conditions. Thanks all for the replies:rocks: See ya on the trails :sled2:
You have pics of the Bikini races?

Back