• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Update list for an 07 base model...

Phazed

Pro
So I just talked to the dealer about any existing updates. So far I've had 3. The radiator fan, air box rivets, and something else. He said there's only one other update that needs to be done, which is the lower ball joints. He said I need to bring the sled in and if they are bad, they will update them. How do I tell if they need updated? I'd hate to waste time and take my sled in there only for them to tell me they don't need the update.

But to the main point of this thread, is there a list of all the updates/recalls that are to be done? It seems like there were more than just those 4. And now that I think of it, isn't the cold start issue an update that needs to be done on every sled? I just want to make sure I'm not getting jipped on my updates by the dealer.

Rear suspension link, ecu update, wiring update, front end icing update. Wasn't there a handwarmer update as well?

I'm talking updates/recalls that the dealer fixes for free. The rear suspension link has been updated on newer models, but it is not an update that Yamaha is going to pay a dealer to do free of charge.

My rear link was done as an update.. free of charge. (on my 07 FX). I have a good dealer though.

There was the reverse update also, (new belt and shim the clutch).

I also had the gearing changed between the clutch and engine... apparently some are very tight which makes the squeeling sound (almost like a belt slipping).

Yamaha will only pay for fixes/updates if you broke the part while the sled was under warranty. The infamous link, the starter, etc was only fixed if broken and for Yamaha to cover it you had to break it within the warranty period. If you owned an 07, the extended warranty was the way to go! Once the 1 year warranty was up, Yamaha washed their hands of the mess and it was on the owner's dime... I'm not saying it's fair, just wanted you to understand why some were getting their stuff covered and others are not. FYI, I bough the extended warranty and it has already payed for itself!

RedPhazer said:
Yamaha will only pay for fixes/updates if you broke the part while the sled was under warranty. The infamous link, the starter, etc was only fixed if broken and for Yamaha to cover it you had to break it within the warranty period. If you owned an 07, the extended warranty was the way to go! Once the 1 year warranty was up, Yamaha washed their hands of the mess and it was on the owner's dime... I'm not saying it's fair, just wanted you to understand why some were getting their stuff covered and others are not. FYI, I bough the extended warranty and it has already payed for itself!

Yeah, I should have stated I had the 3 year warranty. So far after 4500 km (less than 3000 miles) I've had all the updates including the rear suspension link, front H arm, left skid, all the ball joints and tie rod ends, starter, battery, computer, engine assembly, A-arm bushings (twice) idler arm bushings, sway bar bushings, steering column bushing, headlight cover and front wheels in the track. Yamaha lost a lot of $$$ on my sled. This sled was truly a lemon but I have it almost perfect now.

I bought my sled non-current but still 0 km's. When I bought it, it had the link kit, the rad fan, the side panels and the cold start kit already done.

I put 600km on it and brought it in for its first service at the begining of the next season, they told me on phone (before bringing it in) that they are also going to do the ball joints since there was an update for them. They told me that they are only supposed to change them if they show wear, but they were going to do them regardless since it was still under warranty.

So, yes it does depend on the dealership. I drive 100km's past the first yamaha dealership (nightmare stories from there) to get to the one I deal with.. Customer satisfaction, thats what its all about.

Phazed said:
....He said I need to bring the sled in and if they are bad, they will update them. How do I tell if they need updated? I'd hate to waste time and take my sled in there only for them to tell me they don't need the update....
Have your Phazer lifted or supported somehow so tha the skis are off the ground and grip the ski in front and behind the spindle and move it up and down. Any wear in the ball joints should be obvious but when the weight is on the front you cannot tell.

BombaPolaYama said:
Phazed said:
....He said I need to bring the sled in and if they are bad, they will update them. How do I tell if they need updated? I'd hate to waste time and take my sled in there only for them to tell me they don't need the update....
Have your Phazer lifted or supported somehow so tha the skis are off the ground and grip the ski in front and behind the spindle and move it up and down. Any wear in the ball joints should be obvious but when the weight is on the front you cannot tell.

Thanks!

my dealer replaced my lower ball joints but didnt replace the worn out tie rods. My steering would lock up and I would have to get off and yank the skies I 'm not impressed with the lack of responsibility yamaha has put forth with this machine. marketing people should review thair comercials because mine is not reliable and certanly does not have a low maintenance cost.

Back