• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Updated suspension parts......

I spoke with the dealer today, I got the control arm, the linkage will be in tomorrow. When I get it (and I hope it is the updated part) I will take a picture of it before I install it.

Just found out that the Kid who owns the Phaser broke his rear suspension again. There were 2 others in the shop with the same problem. I was completely unaware we had that many HEROS in this town. The other guys riding along with the group on the Revs didn't break their suspensions! This is becoming more of a joke as each day goes on. Not for the Kid though. Parts are back ordered so he misses another weekend.

I would like to know the P/N's on the updated parts.

Has anybody here with the problem received these parts in Canada?

Well I just got in from working on the sled. I went to the dealer and they gave me the exact same style linkage. I wasn't happy to see this. I showed the dealer the poor welds and lack of welding and they agreed. They called the warranty rep again and we spoke over the speakerphone. Yamaha said there is no such "hero" kit. He said yes there is an issue with the part but we didn't make an updated billet one yet. So I told him to go to this site and read this message forum. He called us back after 15 minutes and he said that the people with a billet block must have either custom machined it themselves or the dealer got of the issue and machined a billet there self. Any way I said screw it and welded the new arm up at work. I welded the bushings 360 degrees around inside and outside the bracket. It shouldn't break now.

checkman39 said:
Well I just got in from working on the sled. I went to the dealer and they gave me the exact same style linkage. I wasn't happy to see this. I showed the dealer the poor welds and lack of welding and they agreed. They called the warranty rep again and we spoke over the speakerphone. Yamaha said there is no such "hero" kit. He said yes there is an issue with the part but we didn't make an updated billet one yet. So I told him to go to this site and read this message forum. He called us back after 15 minutes and he said that the people with a billet block must have either custom machined it themselves or the dealer got of the issue and machined a billet there self. Any way I said screw it and welded the new arm up at work. I welded the bushings 360 degrees around inside and outside the bracket. It shouldn't break now.[/quot

You need to get another dealer. Mine confirmed the existance of the new parts and they are on their way.

hoov165x said:
checkman39 said:
Well I just got in from working on the sled. I went to the dealer and they gave me the exact same style linkage. I wasn't happy to see this. I showed the dealer the poor welds and lack of welding and they agreed. They called the warranty rep again and we spoke over the speakerphone. Yamaha said there is no such "hero" kit. He said yes there is an issue with the part but we didn't make an updated billet one yet. So I told him to go to this site and read this message forum. He called us back after 15 minutes and he said that the people with a billet block must have either custom machined it themselves or the dealer got of the issue and machined a billet there self. Any way I said screw it and welded the new arm up at work. I welded the bushings 360 degrees around inside and outside the bracket. It shouldn't break now.[/quot

You need to get another dealer. Mine confirmed the existance of the new parts and they are on their way.
____

Please post your dealer, the phone number so we all can resolve these issues.
Partnumber, and Person at Yamaha that they spoke with.

Thanks
Keith

OK, here is the scoop. For those of you that have broken your rear suspension linkage, you need to have your dealer call the Midwest Yamaha RTA(regional tech adviser) in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin. Your dealer will have this number. My dealer said that there are were no part numbers attached with the new parts- they just came bubble wrapped in a box.
Hoov

Back