• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Updates , Recalls and other stuff .

SRXTripman

Extreme
Well just got off the phone with the dealer that has my Phazer im not happy , I was told some of the parts are there and some well who knows . I dropped the sled off last Monday telling them I would pick it back up this friday , the service manager looked in the computer and said we have everything in stock that needs to be done on your sled except the ECU witch the MF has in stock so you should be good to go on next Fri, now I call and get some lame BS excuse off why it wont be done , Is there a freekin dealer in NY that can hold true to there word . I asked them to fix the stuff they have the parts for and I will be up Fri to pick it up . ECU is gonna have to waite . Oh buy the way The same day I took my F6 to The Cat dealer for the Gas Tank recal , got a phone call this morning and was told it is done , thats what I call service boys , 4 STROKE Phazer is forsale , I think im gonna buy a 4 STROKE CAT next year , in my opinion Yamaha has not held up to there quality standards , I also have a Kodiak , PW50,s and a yx250 forsale , I think im done with Yamaha , jumpin ship .

SRX,

You may want to give Sunnyside Cycle Sales in Alexander, NY a try. Great dealer. Small shop and you will be talking to the owner, Eric, most of the time. The only bad part is it is about 1.5 hours from you. They have customers that come from quite a distance to bring stuff in. Let me know if you need a phone #. I would not give up on the Phazer yet. I am still getting mine dialed in, but it is a blast to ride.

Dealers

Send me info il try anything at this point , the dealer im dealing with todate is about 2hours from me , the dealer I bought the sled from is about 1.5 hours , ive talked to 6-7 dealers and get the run around every time , they tell me no updates or were to buisy . So I stoped in theplace its at and they started out telling me all the updates and saying they would be glad to help me , this kinda impressed me so I thought I can finaly get some frustrations taken care of . That was a week ago , yesterday I gave them a call to see how things were coming and the guy I spoke with had no clue , they had not even started it he said , and to boot my sled was outside in a snowbank . One of the reasons for giving it to them was the fact that the service manager said we can have it ready for you in two weeks , this friday I start vacation and will be stayin up to the cabin for most of it .

Excell Motorsports

Give Aaron Excell a call at Excell Motorsports. He's a new yamaha dealer and was very good to me when yamaha corporate turned their back on me. Located on Route 12 in Hubbardsville, NY 13355. Between Sherburne and Waterville.

SRX,

Sunnyside is on Rt 98 in Alexander, NY 14005, just south of Rt 20. There # is (585)591-1140. If you call you will probably talk to Eric or Matt. They should be able to get you squared away. Good luck and keep us posted.

srxtrip, wheres it at pulaski, i dropped mine off today, my parts are suspose to be there in the am. new sarter and frontend bushings, should be done on wed night.

i HAD cats, my dealer was awesome sleds not so much,

what pisses me off is the this is the first we heard of it crap? go online already?

stock these parts imo.
its a warranty deal so have the parts already youll get paid well for parts in stock. as ill buy other stuff while im in a good mood, you tell me we have to order parts, thats what i do, just not from them.

you got to keep the phazer as i havent played with any other phazers, and hopefully mine will make it thru the season. good luck

phazer

Phaze5 did you drop yours of at FX Capara , you say they are going to replace the starter , I cant find a recall for that anyplace . I have not found one on the coolant fan either . Everything else the boys down to Prefered Powersports have found and completed for me as of this morning when I called them .I will be pickin her up Fri for a destressing session . I also star vacation for a month and half so im gonna ride the piss out of it .Let me know how you make out with yours .

Aaron at Excell Motorsport is the man. Hubbardsville, NY 315-691-6916. Sportmann Yamaha in Syracuse, NY has a huge service dept also.

the fact of it all is that it's really not the mechanics or the service departments fault for not getting your sled done. if your dealer is like 80% of every other dealer out there they will continually push work for newly sold sleds and any work that needs to be done to trade ins will get priority of anything else. I don't know exactly how things work south of the border but up here shops make next to sweet nothing for warrantee work, where they charge the living poop out of normal paying customers like you or me yamaha here will supply parts and pay labour costs. parts is where a dealer will make alot of money on markups and stuff.
anyways SRX if you would be a gent and mail me a list of those said recalls i'd be truely appreciated. My dealer doesn't believe that yamaha had issued any recalls period and so far its been a b***h to get them to do any work to mine this year.

yea i dropped it off tues. they are getting me a starter and a one way clutch and the new ball joints. covered under warranty, and i hope they fix the slop in the steering as i believe bad ball joints will help stuff wear out and they seconded it.

once your on it youll forget about the problems and be all smiles imo till the next episode lol

idk thats what he told me. something inside the starter probably bs who knows my sled still isnt done? i dropped it off tuesday, i think theyre learnin mechanics on my sled, this makes me feel better lol.

Back