• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Updating Fuel Bowls

chuckr

Extreme
Looks like I will be able to get ahold of a set of carbs off a 2005 Rx-1 what all do i need to change over for the fuel bowl updates

The 4 bowls, then inside there was longer pickup up tubes. Your getting these carbs off a RX1M?

Or......... you can look at Thunder Products website and use their option. It may be a bti cheaper. I'd check the classified adds on here. You might be able to score a set.

You may already know but I am almost certain that the factory bowls are no longer available so you will have to buy used bowls or go aftermarket nuts as suggested in the previous posts. Unless you get lucky, dealer won't be an option.

I tried the dealer and you cannot buy just the updated bowls, you have to buy the complete set of carbs #$@#^#^$##%^#%^#^. I need to know though, can I just buy the bowls off an '05 and bolt them right on or are there things I need to do first? I really need this update, way too many close calls when I've been climbing and then I go to walk her and she runs out of gas.

i will post pics

i will post pic when i get my carbs and do the change over

if you go to http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/parts/home.aspx and compare the 2003 to the 2005 you can see what needs to be changed mainly it's fuel bowls and item 14,15,16 and 49

i would just swap the carbs but i would have to change over fuel inlets and reset the floats leveles

Ok

That shows the difference on the outside I am going to get pics of that and the inside of the bowl and differences in the main jet tubes

I will try and get this done tomorow just need to go get my 130 mj in the morning before I start

Back