• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

useable gas tank capacity

stx22

anybody have any idea how much of the 10 gallon tank capacity is actually useable? In other words, how much can you put in after you run dry? I've had some sleds that still had as much as 1-1/2 to 2 gal left when they would quit. Thanks.

I pull out the insert in the tank fill, that way you can get it full. You just have to be sure you leave it down a gallon or so when you go to store it. You also have to make sure the vent hose is routed up to the handle bars so the gas doesn't flow out the vent.

Tom-RX1 said:
ran mine out to empty the carbs and it will suck the tank right down to fumes .
Tom-RX1

Do you have an idea how much was left when the bottom bar went out on the fuel gauge?

Almost RX-1 said:
Tom-RX1 said:
ran mine out to empty the carbs and it will suck the tank right down to fumes .
Tom-RX1

Do you have an idea how much was left when the bottom bar went out on the fuel gauge?
did not check that . i siphoned off till about 1/4 in. left in bottom then ran it for about 1/2Hr till it started to sputter . all gas in tank was gone . bottom bar was also gone at the 1/4 in. mark .
Tom-RX1

Back