• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Fuel return line updates?

Doc Harley

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'17 Sidewinder LTX SE
Going to tackle this and looking for updates.
1) Has the 1/4" elbow & grommet from Cat still working for the most part?
2) is it better to run 5/16"?
3) not exactly sure about plastic & ethanol?
It seems as though whichever fitting you choose would be submerged in fuel & under slight pressure for the first gallon or so from full tank.

Thank you.....

Screenshot_20230120-055547_copy_204x353.png
Screenshot_20230120-061117_copy_360x436.png

Last edited:

Go metal or plastic, dont matter as far as material breaking down, yes it will be subjected to fuel and slight tank presure for about the first 3 to 4 gallons, just sit on the seat when tank is full and it pushes gas out the fill neck, .25" gas line works fine if fittings are only .25", i drill my fittings larger internaly for max flow, a 90 degree bend always reduces flow is why i drill larger, and best to use a fitting with a barb to hook a hose on to, to direct fuel return flow into basket un abstructed.

Go metal or plastic, dont matter as far as material breaking down, yes it will be subjected to fuel and slight tank presure for about the first 3 to 4 gallons, just sit on the seat when tank is full and it pushes gas out the fill neck, .25" gas line works fine if fittings are only .25", i drill my fittings larger internaly for max flow, a 90 degree bend always reduces flow is why i drill larger, and best to use a fitting with a barb to hook a hose on to, to direct fuel return flow into basket un abstructed.
So, a push in style grommet & elbow works good enough. No need for bulkhead style?

Thank you.....

Been running this mod for thousands of miles. No issues..

Some reading for you and links to parts. Its kind of long but lots of good info. I use the orange grommets. Planning to replace the grommet every 2 seasons. I did check my 2022 this year as this mod was done form zero miles.. All good after first season with mod.

If you get into a jam . PM me

Been running this mod for thousands of miles. No issues..

Some reading for you and links to parts. Its kind of long but lots of good info. I use the orange grommets. Planning to replace the grommet every 2 seasons. I did check my 2022 this year as this mod was done form zero miles.. All good after first season with mod.

If you get into a jam . PM me
Yep, read all 23/4 pages last night. Wasn't sure if people had updates to it and didn't post. Old thread...
Thanks Jon

So, a push in style grommet & elbow works good enough. No need for bulkhead style?

Thank you.....
Push in works just fine, only thing i have seen is the factory black rubber grommet degrades over time ( weather checks) replaced my grommet this fall after 2 seasons.

Push in works just fine, only thing i have seen is the factory black rubber grommet degrades over time ( weather checks) replaced my grommet this fall after 2 seasons.
Right on. I'll get them ordered.
Thanks Brendan!!
Hopefully this is the last thing I've overlooked, for now.

These are a better material for fuel..

Back