• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Variator problem

RedBull

Extreme
Website
www.hb-as.ch
Hy

I have a problem with my clutch at my RX1. The Variator cannot one with that specially who things dismantle. I made even the tool bent. Nevertheless do not get the Variator.
How can I make that?

When starting of the engine the Variator wedges. Now one must repair it.

I'm not an expert n swisslish, but I think what he is trying to say is that he cant get his primary of and that his tool is broken?

And that his primary does something 'wedges' when he is starting and that he must rapair it?
Anybody else?

Gay Bablefish translator!!! :o|

Ich kann den Variator nicht abmontieren. Ich habe zwar das Spezialwerkzeug aber er klemmt auf der Welle. Habe auch versucht mit einem Heissluft Föhn ihn zu erwärmen und trotzdem kann ich diesen nicht abmontieren! Die Abzugschraube habe ich schon komplett verbogen :whine:

Wie kann ich ihn abmontieren?

Ich habe nämlich das problem wenn der Motor kalt ist klemmt die Kupplung (Variator)!

@Swiss Sledder Ja ich Wohne in der Zentralschweiz. Besuche aber bald einen Englischkurs :Rockon:
Und leider find ich niemand der Deutsch spricht und meine leidenschaft für Snowmobiles teilt!

Yes, Bablefish is not so good. Systran is a much better tool, but then you have to pay for it.

For everyone else in case they have different advice, below in English.
I believe what you are asking about is removing the secondary clutch. You either want to replace the secondary clutch, change the springs, or replace the belt. I'm not quite sure, but since you mentioned heating it up, I will assume you are trying to replace the belt. To replace the belt, set the parking brake to the locked position. Then push in on the secondary clutch and turn it about 3 cm to the right. This will open up the clutch such that you can easily remove the belt. No need to heat it up. If this is not what you are looking to resolve, then please let me know. I have inserted a diagram that might help. Good luck.

Ich glaube deine Frage ist, wie man die Sekundaerkupplung entfernt? Du moechtest entweder die Sekundaerkupplung ersetzen, die Federn austauschen, oder den Treibriemen austauschen. Ich bin nicht sicher, aber da du sagst du hast es mit Aufheizen versucht, nehme ich an du versuchst den Riemen auszutauschen. Hierzu musst du die Parkbremse (Handbremse) einrasten. Dann drueck die Sekundaerkupplung etwas nach Innen und dreh sie um etwa 3cm nach rechts. Dies oeffnet die Welle so dass der Treibriemen einfach zu entfernen ist. Ohne ihn zu erhitzen. Sollte dies nicht deine Frage gewesen sein, lass es mich wissen. Zu deiner Hilfe habe ich ein Diagramm beigefuegt. Viel Glueck.

Als ich in Genf lebte, war Snowmobiling uebrigens nicht legal. Wo faehrst du? In Frankreich?

nouis1.jpg

Nein ich fahre in der Schweiz. Angefange habe ich mit Rennen fahren. Wir haben eine Schweizermeisterschaft mit ca 5 Rennen. Dazu 1 Weltmeisterschaft in Veysonnaz. Nebenbei bin ich bei Red Bull Schweiz angestellt um an etlichen Snowboard Events und an sonstigen Anlässen dabei zu sein und zu fahren. Dieser Jahr haben wir ein Extreme Snowboard Movie gedreht mit der Schweizer Snowboard Nationalmannschaft. Und sonst fahr ich halt nicht ganz legal. Oder in Italien.

Der Treibriemen ist kein Problem. Die Primärkupplung bereitet mir Probleme. Diese möchte ich von der Welle abmontieren. Nur leider klemmt diese. Das Spezialwerkzeug habe ich und trotzdem kann ich diesen nicht Lösen. Diese sitzt einfach zu fest auf dem Konus. Das Werzeug ist schon ganz verbogen
maxclutchpuller.jpg

Wie kann ich die ganze Primary Clutch abmontieren?

YAPUL1.jpg

Alright, I get this as a bent primary clutch puller. Did it bend by tightening it or by banging on it?

What you are supposed to do to remove the primary clutch is thread in the puller, and tighten it with a breaker bar, but do NOT tighten it enough to pop it off. Then hit the end of the puller into the crankshaft with a hammer. Then go back to tightening a little, then hit it again, and so on.

Do NOT heat. Its way too close to the engine to heat.

Be sure to replace your primary clutch puller with one of a higher quality - they shouldn't bend.

Ich denke, Sie sagen, daß Ihre Kupplung Abziehvorrichtung verbogen wird. Dieses Werkzeug sollte sein hardned Stahl. Verwenden Sie LazyBastards Methode zuerst, obwohl ich einen Luftauswirkung Schlüssel benutzt habe. Töne wie Sie müssen ein neues Abziehvorrichtung Werkzeug erhalten

I thought that might be what was going on, there are some cheap pullers on the market. :die We copied Yamaha's puller thinking we were pretty smart, their puller is made of a very strong, heat treated steel. :o| Our mild steel pullers all bent, this took the threads out of my crank, never again. :drink:

Mit dem Hammer habe ich es versucht. Leider noch ohne Erfolg. Werde es aber nochmal versuchen mit einem neuen Abzug (Puller).

Legally or not, i Love Snowmobile Riding :Rockon:
Kann man bessere Puller kaufen? Wo? Der Originale von Yamaha ist viel zu weich!

Das war mein Abzug nach den ersten versuchen :o|

Attachments

• Tool.jpg
    Tool.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 164
LB is right, you do not use an impact gun to remove the clutch, even though many shops do. I wonder, since the four cylinders use a gear reduction, what damage could be done to the gears with an impact gun? The engines produce torque in the upper seventies, most impacts shock over two hundred foot pounds.

I don't think the impact gun would damage the gears. True they shock 200+ footpounds, BUT, as you mentioned, its SHOCK. It doesn't sustain that torque long enough to make it through the relatively heavy clutch.

(Note: I say this for the sake of argument, not to suggest that its ok to use an impact wrench on the clutch. Do NOT use an impact wrench on the clutch).

Back