• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Vector Clutch noise: Volume II

I was parked in between a SX-r and a SRX at a pit stop. After lunch we all fired up our machines to head back out to the trail and I had to look at my gauges to tell if my Rage was even running.

I think I'm just going to leave mine alone as I'm the only one who really notices the "Cummins Clatter" and then only when I'm alone. I do have to admit those old two-stroke triples still sound nice, on somebody else's machine. :wink:

"If a tree fell in the woods and nobody heard it did it still make a noise?"

vector 1,

I think the shims that were put in mine were .007. At least that is what the book part# said they were. I am not positive on that though.

The part# that was given earlier in the post is the one Yamaha told the dealer to use.

forgot to confirm that part# for you

it is 8BW-17654-20 it is the same one rx1rob gave earlier. 3 needed

well it is time to go ride it is 7:14am here in the U.P. of Michigan and the conditions look great outside right now. My wife and kids are going shopping so I have all day to have FUN!!! should be a easy 200 mile day.

Back