• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

VECTOR track noise and hyfax wear I found BIG PROBLEM!

Shane

Expert
Website
www.fa.ml.com
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 YAMAHA VIPER LTX SE
2015 Ski-Doo 800 XRS Renegade
2012 Ski-Doo 600 ace
2010 Ski-Doo 600 e-tec GTX Limited
2007 Polaris Dragon 120
I have 2 Vectors. One with 900 miles another with 53. Had lots of hyfax wear and track noise. Today I found that the front two idler wheels INSIDE the slide rails are warped and bent! Calling dealer tomorrow.

sounds like maybe in shipping maybe when they were loading ?? Warped or bent?? :?

I have 1200 miles on my Vector with 144 studs in the middle. I was getting a lot of track noise. I just replaced the plastic wheels with new rubber wheels. The inside plastic wheels were uneven but not bent or chipped. It makes less noise now, but not as much as I was hoping for. I think the noise is more to do with the track. I have run a lot in low snow conditions and I have not had to replace my rails yet.

My inside front plastic wheel on the throttle side was warped pretty badly.

Getting new ones put on under warrantee.

I had the exact same problem with mine. Yamaha replaced them and admitted they have a problem with them and are trying to come up with something different. Make sure you stay on top of track tension. I'm putting low snow idler wheel kit in this weekend and I hope that will help slider wear. My wheels looked like somebody took a torch to them. Yamaha will stand behind the wheels good luck on the sliders I had my dealer cover them as I think the track being to tite on set-up is what was the majot cause.

Another weekend, another set of hyfax. This is getting ridiculous. I even bought the Yamaha high performance hyfax. I'm ordering ice scratchers and a low snow wheel kit to try and fix this problem. On my last mod sled I didn't run any wheels and now I'm going to have to add more.

The specs are in the manual - for my 03 RX the wear limit is 10mm - the easiest way to check is to grab a 10mm wrench and run it along your slide - if the wrench goes over the slide at any point, consider replacing the slides.

Well I ordered another set of hyfax and a low snow wheel kit plus a set of ice scratchers. This weekend had plenty of snow on the trail so I'm going to attribute part of the hyfax problem to the fact Hartman sent me rail extensions that are too long and I can only get about 6" of sag in the track. I've since ordered the appropriate 162" kit from E&S Motorcycles so I should be able to dial in more sag.

Yamaha hifax will wear very quickly to start, then get just above the wear line and stop. Don't be afraid that they wear quickly. This is normal. I have a 03 rx1 and put between 3 to 4 thousand miles a year on it and never change the hifax. Once for the preseason tune up and forget about it for the year. I was worried about this also when I first got the sled, until I checked this forum. Do a search and you will find this is common and not to worry about.
The ripsaw track is very loud. I ran the 1 inch track on my rx-1 for the first 2 seasons and changed to the ripsaw this year. It is noticeably louder than the 1 inch finger track, but gives much better traction.

rx1pat said:
Yamaha hifax will wear very quickly to start, then get just above the wear line and stop. Don't be afraid that they wear quickly. This is normal. I have a 03 rx1 and put between 3 to 4 thousand miles a year on it and never change the hifax. Once for the preseason tune up and forget about it for the year. I was worried about this also when I first got the sled, until I checked this forum. Do a search and you will find this is common and not to worry about.
The ripsaw track is very loud. I ran the 1 inch track on my rx-1 for the first 2 seasons and changed to the ripsaw this year. It is noticeably louder than the 1 inch finger track, but gives much better traction.
I have also heard they wear fast quick and the slow way down from a guy who loves his Yammis, I have over 1,800 on mine and tried the 10mm wrench thing like someone else here was saying go by and looked at lines on hyfax and I'm good for awhile yet. :rocks:

Back