• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Venture Lite Exhaust

Got an idea recently while looking at exhauct stuff at Canadian Tire and noticed that they have flexible tail pipe extensions in 18"lengths and various diameters. So I'm thinking this would make fitting a single pipe or two in there (if a suitable Y is available) would make the modification much easier. Haven't figured how to attach the pipe to the tunnel yet but some kind of clamp should do it. Any ideas?

Thanks

Bugbear said:
Rode yesterday in sunshine and fairly mild temps. Same old ice buildup in the tunnel when I checked on the hill. Loading up the temp was above freezing and buildup was slush falling out. After considering your thoughts karl my plan now is to go straight back next fall with stainless and no wrap but to add a .040" diaphram of 2024T3 aluminum sheet using 1/2" thick pieces of UHDM plastic as stand offs between the tunnel sides and the side supports for the diaphram. All subject to change of course ;)! Since stainless does't transfer heat efficiently like mild steel, I'm thinking I can get away without heat wrap that far back. Don't know tho.

Hi Bugbear,

Wondering if you have done anything with your plans? Pics? Results?

I would still like to enclose the whole thing like Cannondale suggested but the heat issue is a concern.

thanks

Back