• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Venture lite, flotation

The Phazer uses 8GC-2193A-00-00 for the skid plate. The VL uses 8GJ-2193A-00-00. Close but not quite the same. And the prices are totally whacko. The Phazer part is $20.17 while the VL is $110.49!!! They look similar in the diagrams but the VL's looks wider.

I have the Phazer in the air right now with the skid plate off so will be easy. I'll have to bring the MP in the garage after I get the the Phazer out. I'll also try and snap some pics.

Before I start crawling and dismantling stuff, we haven't heard anything from the OP since then if he's still interested in this? Or just do it for general knowledge?

Mooseman said:
The Phazer uses 8GC-2193A-00-00 for the skid plate. The VL uses 8GJ-2193A-00-00. Close but not quite the same. And the prices are totally whacko. The Phazer part is $20.17 while the VL is $110.49!!! They look similar in the diagrams but the VL's looks wider.

I have the Phazer in the air right now with the skid plate off so will be easy. I'll have to bring the MP in the garage after I get the the Phazer out. I'll also try and snap some pics.

Before I start crawling and dismantling stuff, we haven't heard anything from the OP since then if he's still interested in this? Or just do it for general knowledge?
Thanks, I'd like to know. I inquired about this (to Skinz I believe) and they told me they were different. There must be something wrong about that pricing though.

flotation VL

Hi!
I'm the origional "OP",,,
I'm just listening, taking everything in,,I'm going to do SOMETHING once all the dust settles. Good stuff guys, I[we] certainly appreciate all the objective input.
We VL owners have very limited access to even the most basic mods.
Keep it comming.
thx
snodancer

Concerning the Phazer vs VL float plate, I went back through some old info that I had and a guy from Skinz told me that they would probably fit but you may have to drill new holes in the plate to fit the VL. But I didn't want to buy one until I knew that it wouldn't be a waste of money. Has the guy with both a VL and Phz measured or sized up the under sides for comparison yet?

thanks,

Sorry, just been busy with fixing the Phazer and life in general. Got some pics and measurements of the Phazer underbelly. Just have to get the VL/MP out of storage. I have to get it out regardless since I have to install new skis on it.

Mooseman said:
Sorry, just been busy with fixing the Phazer and life in general. Got some pics and measurements of the Phazer underbelly. Just have to get the VL/MP out of storage. I have to get it out regardless since I have to install new skis on it.
No problem. What type of skis and carbides did you go with?

Got a deal of a set of TrailHounds and got a set of Bergstroms Good n' Ugly. Since the majority of my riding is on groomed trails, they should be OK but if I know I will be going to the cottage or something, I can just put my original wide VK skis back on.

Mooseman said:
Got a deal of a set of TrailHounds and got a set of Bergstroms Good n' Ugly. Since the majority of my riding is on groomed trails, they should be OK but if I know I will be going to the cottage or something, I can just put my original wide VK skis back on.
What's the Good and Ugly - a new type carbide? What's the price - I'm soon due to replace my Stodboy Shapers now but they have held up quite well.

http://www.bergstromskegs.com/index.htm

They're basically a single carbide runner. Cool guy to deal with and calls back to make sure it's the type you need. Gives a set of ski savers with them as well as shims to move the front of the skis up (instead of turning the rubber backwards). He even gave me a set of EXTRA shims for my son's Phazer OEM skis even though I didn't order a set of runners for it! So far I've only seen positive comments about Bergstroms.

Back