• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

VL float / skid plate

AB Ries

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2007 Venture Lite
Hello all,

I just bought a 2007 VL (with less than 1700km on it). Took it out for the first ride today and I'm already looking for ways to improve it. Wider skis will likely be on the menu but one of the first things I want to do is install a skid/ float plate. A local wrecker has a plate from a phazer mountain lite but was unsure it would fit. Another website offers a Skinz Protective Gear plate and says it will fit the VL although the manuf website just mentions the Phazer.

I'm hoping that before I order someone might be able to confirm whether the phazer plates would be the same as the VL?

Sorry for the long winded first post! Thanks!

I can't be definitive for you because it has been years since I did a bunch of custom work on an MP. I can tell you that the chassis is a full 2 inches wider under the motor, from the tunnel to the front clip. the front clip fits the phazer front suspension parts.

The best things I did to get the sled up on the snow were Simmons Gen 2 10" wide skis and a 16"x159"x2" track

I can't be definitive for you because it has been years since I did a bunch of custom work on an MP. I can tell you that the chassis is a full 2 inches wider under the motor, from the tunnel to the front clip. the front clip fits the phazer front suspension parts.

The best things I did to get the sled up on the snow were Simmons Gen 2 10" wide skis and a 16"x159"x2" track

Thanks!

Back