• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Venture lite stalls at idle

I would imagine you need power to the sensor so I'd say it should be on. Maybe back probe the connector with T pins or something similar.

Was this issue ever resolved? I've got an 09 Venture Lite doing something similar, first few rides of this year it seemed to be occasionally idling low after letting off the throttle, but thought it could just be bad fuel even though i used stabilzer and sea foam before putting it way in the spring. Anyways, on sunday i went for a longer ride and filled with premuim and sea foam before i went, it seemed to still be doing the low idle thing but wasnt to worried about it, once while riding i couldnt get it into reverse(no lights flashing, nothing at all) when i got back to the truck that evening i left sled idle while i unhooked sleigh and got my daughter into the truck, right as i got on to drive it onto the trailer it started idleing low and then stalled. i couldn't get it to start again, would turn over and pour tons of smoke out the exaughst. Left sled and took my daughter home, came back about hour and half later with some buddies thinking we would have to load sled by hand. We had been driving though a lot of very fluffy snow that day so so thought maybe airbox was just froze so when we got to the sled i removed airbox cover and sled started right up, took it for a short drive and seemed okay, when drove it onto the trailer and let off throttle tho it began to idle rough. Left it on trailer that night, next evening took it to a buddies shop to thaw, sled started right up and drove into shop with no issues, let it thaw out for acouple days and did some reading on here. When I went to pick it up i put it in diagnostic mode and checked TPS, read great 15/16 with no throttle and 98 at WOT. It started great but when i backed it out of the shop and let off the throttle it began the low idle thing, shut it off and checked TPS again and had same reading, started it and took it for small ride and seemed fine but had the low idle again when ever i let off throttle. Drove onto trailer and it stalled, started again no problem but would intermittedly do the low idle thing. get it home and it starts fine, idles fine, but while im undoing straps it starts to low idle then dies. couldn't get it to start for a while, evenutally giving it a bit of throttle i got it to start but ran terrible, shut it off and just left it on trailer for now.

Should note that it is not throwing any codes and that the low idle isn't consistent, some times it idles just fine at 16-1700 RPM but more often than not it sits around 1100. Sorry for the terribly long write up just trying to give as much info as i can.

Just thought I’d give a quick update, sked kept intermittently acting up but started getting more and more frequent… dealer ended up finding the issue, it was a short in my wiring harness causing my one injector to fire when it wasn’t supposed to… he ran a new wire to it and seems to be working good now!

Back