• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Venture MP - Phazer MTX

karl

Lifetime Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2015 Phazer XTX
Well I thought I would show off what I am doing with my Venture MP. I am sure some of you have seen the posts that I have done around re-tracking to a 159"X16"X2" Camoplast Challenger along with re-gearing, as well as the posts on the Simmons Gen2 skis I installed. When I bought the sled three seasons back I was more interested in the 16" track format with a 500cc fuel efficient engine than any thing else and always planned to turn it into a Phazer MTX when I had the time. I liked the look of the Phazer but not the narrow track. The short part of the story is I wish I would have started a bit earlier because here I am with the sled all torn down and I could have been out for a ride or two. I had to move the air box over about 1 and a half inches to center it as the MP is wider and the air box sits to the left when stock. I have also had to modify the headlight bracketing and hand form a pan for under the air box nose to keep snow out. it is starting to come together but I still have a few hours of fabrication left till it is rideable. Oh, I also put a TimberSled Barkbuster Phazer MTX A-arm kit on as well to narrow the ski stance and lighten the front end. the pictures are in no particular order but you will get the idea.

Attachments

• front with headlight.jpg
    front with headlight.jpg
    368.4 KB · Views: 509
  • right front quarter.jpg
    right front quarter.jpg
    374.3 KB · Views: 480
  • seat tank top.jpg
    seat tank top.jpg
    356.4 KB · Views: 525
  • centered MP air box bottom.jpg
    centered MP air box bottom.jpg
    399.9 KB · Views: 494
  • MP air box back side.jpg
    MP air box back side.jpg
    378.7 KB · Views: 511
  • MP air box side panels on.jpg
    MP air box side panels on.jpg
    387.4 KB · Views: 473
  • MP air box with air horns.jpg
    MP air box with air horns.jpg
    387.9 KB · Views: 448
  • original air box position.jpg
    original air box position.jpg
    403.1 KB · Views: 486
  • phazer plastics front.jpg
    phazer plastics front.jpg
    371.3 KB · Views: 461
  • phazer plastics side.jpg
    phazer plastics side.jpg
    353.1 KB · Views: 470
  • locked and loaded 2,2.jpg
    locked and loaded 2,2.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 498
  • longtracked left side2.JPG
    longtracked left side2.JPG
    384.9 KB · Views: 635

When I get it out of the shed and on snow I will take some more pictures. my seat is getting upholstered to fill the hole over the fuel pump and I am in the middle of fabricating brackets to adapt the Phazer headlight bracket to the MP frame brackets. It has been a bit of work to fit the brackets to hold the Phazer plastics. None of it is a straight across fit and the fuel tank is quite a bit larger. I probably have another week of nights after work working on it. It has been a little bigger project than I anticipated. The pictures were of the mock-up to see what I needed to fab up to hold everything in place.

finished the headlight bracket so things will start coming together, also got the seat back from its plastic surgery and liposuction treatment and will fit it to the new plastics. There is still a lot of little fit and finish stuff to do and it is getting closer to being rideable :Rockon:

Attachments

• headlight bracket bare.jpg
    headlight bracket bare.jpg
    371.7 KB · Views: 487
  • seat side.jpg
    seat side.jpg
    344.1 KB · Views: 448
  • headlight bracket side.jpg
    headlight bracket side.jpg
    378.8 KB · Views: 494
A lot of work for sure. It'll be one of a kind no doubt (ahah). BTW, did you do anything with the tunnel exhaust besides extending the pipe out through the rear?

Thanks

Hey Bomba, I have been so busy doing the plastic mods that I haven't given the exhaust much thought. I didn't get much time on snow last year after I changed the pipe outlet so will probably run it for a while. I have been thinking about the Excell Mountain Lite in tunnel exhaust that they build for the Apex as possible weight reduction alternative when I get my sled fund built back up. There is no doubt that my cross breed will be one of a kind, nobody in their right mind would take on this project.

tricked out MP

Finally got everything back together and got out on snow - here is the pretty much finished make over, with a few small details to still work out.

Phazer plastics, modified seat, centered air box, TimberSled BarkBuster A-arms and spindles, Simmons Gen2 skis, Camoplast Challenger 159"X16"X2" track, re-geared way in the basement, modified exhaust outlet and cleaned up rear deck. :-o

Attachments

• tricked out MP 1.jpg
    tricked out MP 1.jpg
    367.5 KB · Views: 749
  • tricked out head on.jpg
    tricked out head on.jpg
    336.1 KB · Views: 474
  • tricked out right side.jpg
    tricked out right side.jpg
    380.4 KB · Views: 601
That's a good question Bomba. What to call it, I have been thinking of it as an MP that is ready to rumble, no sedate, pick-up truck of the Phazer line any more. I plan to put some type of windshield, I just have to figure out the bracketing. There is still a bit of work left, but at least it is ridable.

Hey Zackn, the exhaust on the MP is all inside the tunnel, stock it dumped out just short of the end of the tunnel. I extended the outlet straight back until it was clear of the tunnel. All of us Venture riders have been having trouble with ice build up around the exhaust can and outlet.

Attachments

• venture proto exhaust 3.jpg
    venture proto exhaust 3.jpg
    332.3 KB · Views: 527
  • venture proto exhaust.jpg
    venture proto exhaust.jpg
    335.4 KB · Views: 506
Exhaust routing

Hey Karl,

When you fully compress the rear suspension, how close is the track to the muffler on the venture?

Any pics of it compressed?

Thinking of relocating the Phazer exhaust under the tunnel.

Thanks,
Murph

There will be no way to do it on a phazer mtx or Phazer , just isnt enough room , if you look under at your tunnel . you might be able to see some track rubbings on the tunnel . i seen this when i had the old 2 inch track on it . now im gone to 2.33 inch challenger , but my supension is beefed up . so its not a problem

Back