• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Vibration in brake lever when braking.

langow

Expert
Was riding this week (2017 Sidewinder RTX) and started noticing a light vibration ONLY when applying brake. At times it seemed to go away, then other times come back and get very noticeable. All seemed completely normal when riding and not using the brake. No unusal noises, etc. just the vibration I could feel in my fingertips when applying brake without locking up the track. Ideas? Do I have a drive bearing going bad, or? I did feel for any excessive heat around the brake disc, but noticed nothing.

Check your driveshaft bearing.

Check trackshaft for spinning inside bearing.

Driveshaft and bearing is toast as mentioned above.

Yep, sounds like your driveshaft and bearing are toast. The rotor binds up when this happens with extreme wear, and you start to feel it pulsating when applying the brake.

You are playing with fire. I had this vibration one day and felt something a day later. I opened the side panel clutch side and saw a ball bearing from drive shaft bearing laying under secondary clutch brake assembly. Caught it in time. No major damage as I caught it when it popped out. 2017 sled. 7000 miles.

Makes me wanna go out and buy a winder .
I just replaced an upper shaft bearing on a 2020 Polaris with @3000 miles. Not just a sidewinder problem

Back