• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

vk issues

tipper

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
vk pro
Hey folks, have a 2007 vkpro 4stroke but I can't get the thing to keep running?
It has been sitting for a while so put new battery in, drained carbs new plugs etc
Got it started and it was way down on oil with the light on so topped it up. It will idle but as soon as you give any throttle it just dies. Any ideas what might be causing this? t ran really weird the last time I had it out two years backfiring and missing the would run smooth?

It sounds to me like this sled isn't seeing regular use so I'll start with the obvious.... Is the gas fresh? Run some Seafoam through it.

You can't just drain the carbs. You need to pull the carbs and at the very least clean the pilot and main jets. Add fresh non ethanol gas and add some seafoam to it and try it again. I bought an 07 a couple months ago and this is exactly what I did.

Although fresh fuel is #1, fuel filters are your next logical step to insure your fuel pumps are getting good fuel. Bearman

How is the throttle cable? Needs to have play or will activate the tors system

Back