• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

vk professional front end widening kit

greggie42

Veteran
hi, iam considering buying a new vk pro, the only thing stopping me is that my good buddy has one and he said "if i could choose only one change to be made to this sled it would be a wider front end" i read on this site that there is a widening kit but only available in europe.
Anyone know if its around northamerica now or even how id get one from norway? thanks

its not a kit. they just weld on some pieces on the a-arms. zoom in on the picture and you will se.

Attachments

• geilo edition.jpg
    geilo edition.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 585
Couldn't a guy just run stock Vector a-arms and tie rods to make it wider? You'd lose the curved a-arms but I don't see that as being a big deal.

The '05 Vector I used to own had a 42" ski stance. The mountain Vector would be more narrow. I'd check the microfich and if the bulkhead is the same (I can't see it being different) you could just buy used parts of eBay, etc.

'05 Vector
2005_2_RSVectorERblu.jpg

worth checking out. although you'd have to use the vector front shocks too,origionals probable would be too short. whereas welding extensions doesnt effect the shocks at all

Maybe? You'd just have to compare the center to center lengths. Something else to think about when widening the stock front end on the VK is your front end will become softer due to the added leverage of the a-arms. It will likely need stiffer springs to compensate. You could max out the pre-load but I've found Yamaha's come sprung pretty soft from the factory.

I don't know what they are charging for the widening kit but I'd think a guy could widen the front end for less money with used parts. I'd rather use wider factory parts than modified factory parts. The welded on widening kit looks sketchy to me. Just my opinion from looking at a picture.

Have you even rode one ? I'd start there before worrying about 'needing' a wider front end. Perhaps it will suit you just fine.

In norway they hardly sell Vk professional, (RS viking its called here) withing wider front, and loads of older have it mounted. There are or used to be local versions of it, but now it looks like vector or RX1 arms, and top of shock absorber have been extended. I am mounting widening kit on mine now, if anyone want images I can send.

Back