• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Wait time?

YamaHank

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2018 SR Viper RTX
Well...I am still waiting. Dealer told me my sled shipped last Monday. I am in Boston and can't seem to understand why 2 weeks have passed and still no viper. Anyone else on here in New England experiencing the same problem? I am getting closer and closer to either snagging that leftover nytro on the sales floor or buying another brand out of spite to broken promises. I don't care if their is no snow here. It's the principle.

Prediction: this Yamaha/AC joint venture doesn't last more than a year. So far this collaboration has been an abortion. Especially after reading about all the poor factory assembly you guys have been discovering and low quality materials used.

I read on another post that the AC engineers do not read forums, only dealer feedback. Is this true of Yamaha as well? I see this as the most valuable source of information for Yamaha if they actually care to live up to their reputation of building quality products....just saying

hblake20 said:
Well...I am still waiting. Dealer told me my sled shipped last Monday. I am in Boston and can't seem to understand why 2 weeks have passed and still no viper. Anyone else on here in New England experiencing the same problem? I am getting closer and closer to either snagging that leftover nytro on the sales floor or buying another brand out of spite to broken promises. I don't care if their is no snow here. It's the principle.

Prediction: this Yamaha/AC joint venture doesn't last more than a year. So far this collaboration has been an abortion. Especially after reading about all the poor factory assembly you guys have been discovering and low quality materials used.

I read on another post that the AC engineers do not read forums, only dealer feedback. Is this true of Yamaha as well? I see this as the most valuable source of information for Yamaha if they actually care to live up to their reputation of building quality products....just saying

I live just south of Boston. I haven't heard a word about yet either. I ordered a red XTX. I purchased mine out of NY. :drink:

I can't handle your profile pic....cracks me up every time I see it

Let's hope

You should see it soon, plaistow has everything but their red one.

I bought the red LTX SE in Maine. I got the call yesterday that it shipped and will be in beginning of the week. To get the call was a big relief and can't wait to acutally get it. ;)!

hblake20 said:

I have 3 Phazers all 2007 two boosted. All 3 had to have ECU updats that expired in 2010 so I had to pay. All 3 had steering that slopped with under 300 miles and had to have the update. Need I go on or will you admit Yamaha has not always been ride ready?

I for one think that with all the difficulties that could be we are seeing very few......just my opinion though.

Well I was in the same boat. They told me last week it shipped and it finally came in yesterday so I'm picking it tmrw. Should show up soon.

Not alone. In NY and still waiting for a red LTX myself. Trails open this next week.

I am in South central Pa and have received my Viper. My dealer has received several of his units already. He was persistent with Yamaha with lots of phone calls regarding his customers sled's, also has an extremely high CSI score and does a large volume with them (he sells boats also). According to him he received 2 of the first 10 sleds released. I think they may be taking care of dealers in that manner? I am not trashing anyone's dealers just putting my 2 cents out their for what its worth.

Just made a bet with my buddy...told him he wouldn't be able to get his 14 renegade x 800 etech a full sled length entirely in front of me before 60 mph. So I guess I am committed to the wait.

We took the bet further and agreed that he had to do it with his brothers 700 mxz as well.

Thoughts???? Am I putting too much faith in the low end on our genesis motors?

I am also the only Yamaha and 4-stroke in the bunch.

Studroes144 said:
Wait til you have atleast 100 miles on before u race them. The vipers really loosen up a lot once u get some miles on

After break in was a stipulation.

Back