• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Warrior bad landing- No problem!

King44

Extreme
I'm a 41 year old that still thinks he's 21. A couple of days back I was riding with a buddy (we both have Warriors) and we are riding on the ice and I see this nice hump of snow ahead. My first thought is to hit it and get some nice air.So being a 21 year old trapped in a 41 year old body I decide to go for it. Well I did get air- but when I hit the jump it made my sled turn side ways in the air. My buddy said I was about 6-7 feet in the air and landed on the hard ice right on the side of my sled with the front right suspension hitting first.I was okay (just very embaressed) but the amazing thing is absolutly nothing wrong with the sled.Checked it out all over , nothing was out of place and drove home no problem. I'd like to see a Ski-Doo after that same situation. :yam:

Thats one thing you find with the warrior,jumping is not its forte.Cross-country running its handles well(4ft drop-offs at speed)but when you line it up for a jump,you better get ready to land on one ski on the other side.Thank god for those massive SOQI shocks :jump: .

Bull. ANY sled will land sideways if you hit something sideways. I actually find that these heavy things actually tend to lift off very flat because the suspension is very well equipped to compensate for the unevenness of the ramp. There are limitations, of course -- if the ramp is just too far out. The light weight of a 'doo' will more than likely pitch it over. Older light-weight sleds are better for hitting things unevenly because they are NARROW, so you can pull the things over to counter the unevenness of a ramp -- literally ride it up a ramp on one ski. I mean things like a phazer or exciter -- you can carve on hardpack with those they're so light.

You're right Lazybastard, I jump all the time and usually land fine.This time the jump was crooked at the start - not a nice even ramp to launch off of. That's the chance you take jumping stuff on the frozen lakes and not checking them out first. :4STroke:

Back