• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

well finally done for the year,but still epic in the valley

snowbeast

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 apex xtx traded for a 2017 sidewinder L-tx-le
FACEBOOK
yes
YOUTUBE
yes
Wow what a year here in northern maine,at least for me. Season did not start off fast for me,as I retired in jan. 15th,so my season kinda got started then. I had my sled tuned with Evo stage 4 tune and ulmers clutching,and struggled a lot of the year for correct conditiond and good top end,i never got the right combo for all of it to come togeather,however it did manage to get 3017 miles on this year,and total for my sled to date 3717,and only blew one stock belt. I am very happy with that,the Evo tune ran awesome,great midrange a little soft on bottom,and never had a ggod chance to get on a lake on good conditions to see if it would break 120 gps,i have gone 117 gps on soft fresh groomed lake,with rpms down and warm temps,i have been fighting belt and clutch temps all year,with average temps around 150 degrees,some as high as 185 to hot to touch. I will look into some venting for next year,i have also removed 2 mm from clutch shaft,and it may of helped some. But most of feb. when I had time,my trips were plagued with warm temps,day time temps mid 40,s melting snow and opened up snake holes,march brought much needed snow,and better temps,but to much snow,and it never gets to stay hard long,and gets beat to death,most all of my lakes were way to rough for any safe top speeds,i never once got ice I could run on,or even hard good snow for any real length,but man was our trails fun,and this set up even with my 22 top,just plain rips for our tight trails I generally run. But I finally got up to the valley at the top of our state,this past weekend. And ran Friday night for a couple hrs,than sunday after a short trailer ride to good groomed snow 50 miles north of my house in Patten,to Portage lake park and ride. Wow snow was deep and groomed and on Monday fresh groomed,we were first tracks from trail 89 out of caribou to ITS 81 border trail,to vanburen,awsome all the way,for the 2 hrs Friday,and sunday and Monday I managed 490 great end of year miles,and all in April,Epic.... sled for year averaged 15 mpg,and one belt,how can it get any better than that on a boosted winder.. Hope next year can repeat...all smiles here. Enjoy it while it lasts...yahoo see ya next winter folks.. Beast

Wow what a year here in northern maine,at least for me. Season did not start off fast for me,as I retired in jan. 15th,so my season kinda got started then. I had my sled tuned with Evo stage 4 tune and ulmers clutching,and struggled a lot of the year for correct conditiond and good top end,i never got the right combo for all of it to come togeather,however it did manage to get 3017 miles on this year,and total for my sled to date 3717,and only blew one stock belt. I am very happy with that,the Evo tune ran awesome,great midrange a little soft on bottom,and never had a ggod chance to get on a lake on good conditions to see if it would break 120 gps,i have gone 117 gps on soft fresh groomed lake,with rpms down and warm temps,i have been fighting belt and clutch temps all year,with average temps around 150 degrees,some as high as 185 to hot to touch. I will look into some venting for next year,i have also removed 2 mm from clutch shaft,and it may of helped some. But most of feb. when I had time,my trips were plagued with warm temps,day time temps mid 40,s melting snow and opened up snake holes,march brought much needed snow,and better temps,but to much snow,and it never gets to stay hard long,and gets beat to death,most all of my lakes were way to rough for any safe top speeds,i never once got ice I could run on,or even hard good snow for any real length,but man was our trails fun,and this set up even with my 22 top,just plain rips for our tight trails I generally run. But I finally got up to the valley at the top of our state,this past weekend. And ran Friday night for a couple hrs,than sunday after a short trailer ride to good groomed snow 50 miles north of my house in Patten,to Portage lake park and ride. Wow snow was deep and groomed and on Monday fresh groomed,we were first tracks from trail 89 out of caribou to ITS 81 border trail,to vanburen,awsome all the way,for the 2 hrs Friday,and sunday and Monday I managed 490 great end of year miles,and all in April,Epic.... sled for year averaged 15 mpg,and one belt,how can it get any better than that on a boosted winder.. Hope next year can repeat...all smiles here. Enjoy it while it lasts...yahoo see ya next winter folks.. Beast

Hard to match those County trails huh Pete. Many choices, just choose what you like, RR Beds, long spectacular field trails, pole line trails, etc... wow wow wow. A snowmobilers heaven for sure.

Nice report. Good season for uband the sled. Congrats on retirement. I hope to make it toward portage next season. Sounds great

Nice report. Good season for uband the sled. Congrats on retirement. I hope to make it toward portage next season. Sounds great
Thanks brother,problem now,i have the time,but not enough dough for all the mods and sledding time lol

Beast my friend, it sounds like you have your sled & your body completely healed from that first years' "incident". CHEERS!

Now we need to work on that mind of yours.
Now that you are retired, is there any way i can get you to take a short story grammar class at the local Community College so i can understand what the HELL you are trying to say without rereading it 3 times?
You are filled with info, we just need to extract it more efficiently. LOL

LUV your stuff Pete!

Beast my friend, it sounds like you have your sled & your body completely healed from that first years' "incident". CHEERS!

Now we need to work on that mind of yours.
Now that you are retired, is there any way i can get you to take a short story grammar class at the local Community College so i can understand what the HELL you are trying to say without rereading it 3 times?
You are filled with info, we just need to extract it more efficiently. LOL

LUV your stuff Pete!
Ya,working on it steve lol...the retirement that is he he,also grammer crackers that is. Cheers

Back