• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Well guys after 19 yrs I've jumped ship.

Macheater

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2006 Apex GT, 2002 SRX700
Well sort of. I plan to keep my 06 Gt for the forseeable future.

But I've just purchased a leftover 23 Boost. There's numerous reasons why I've went in this direction. But I'm anxious to take er out for its first spin.
Just gonna have to wait till next season.

As mentioned the Apex will stay in the stable and likely still receive upgrades.

I'm looking forward to the comparison between old n new.

Stay tuned.

It’s a different sled tuned than stock
Of that I have no doubt. I've already begun my research on the sled and the mods that seem to be working well. But, it will be used as a high performance trail sled and nothing more.

A tune and clutch work will be first on the hit list.

Of that I have no doubt. I've already begun my research on the sled and the mods that seem to be working well. But, it will be used as a high performance trail sled and nothing more.

A tune and clutch work will be first on the hit list.

Just don't get too greedy with your trail tune. I've been researching and working with these as well. Hope to have our own shop sled by fall time to get some setups ready!

Just don't get too greedy with your trail tune. I've been researching and working with these as well. Hope to have our own shop sled by fall time to get some setups ready!
Agreed.
I plan to stay with the lower powered 10-20 hp tunes and carry a generous supply of Boostane and/or my own "home brewed" gasoline so I'm less at the mercy of whatever is available at the trail side stops.

Sweet! Probably the route I’ll go once I see how they hold up. My BOB will also stay in stable but eventually I will want some new iron.
Hey Jess I haven't been on the site much or followed your progress, but whatever became of the Winder situation? Did you end up keeping that or did you get rid of it?

Hey Jess I haven't been on the site much or followed your progress, but whatever became of the Winder situation? Did you end up keeping that or did you get rid of it?
All new long block and removed tune. Runs perfect. Its my back up to BOB which coincidently caught fire then broke again while I work out the bugs. So the flame got 800 miles and works flawless. Happy I kept it but can now sell in good faith once I get the apex working well. Just doing reliability mods on the flame.

Agreed.
I plan to stay with the lower powered 10-20 hp tunes and carry a generous supply of Boostane and/or my own "home brewed" gasoline so I'm less at the mercy of whatever is available at the trail side stops.
I am curious as to why you're settling for under 200HP when you can have over 260HP

I am curious as to why you're settling for under 200HP when you can have over 260HP
Well my understanding is that a 10hp tune puts it right at or slightly over 200hp. And 20hp at 210 obviously.
The higher tunes are meant for race gas and/or shorter runs.
I have yet to see race gas offered at any trail side stops.
And as I mentioned above, this is going to be a trail sled with a reasonable expectation of longevity.
Tunes above about 210hp I would expect to reduce that longevity. Especially when ridden to experience those levels.

What I meant was why not a Winder that be bumped to 260 with just software on pump gas and 280 with a high flow muffler.
Maybe you were never a Cat fan, but don't mind Polaris?
Just asking.

What I meant was why not a Winder that be bumped to 260 with just software on pump gas and 280 with a high flow muffler.
Maybe you were never a Cat fan, but don't mind Polaris?
Just asking.
Oh ok now I understand the question.

The short answer is that I'm tired of the weight penalty that comes with a 4s. That has been the second most disliked aspect of my Apex. The first has been the rear suspension. The only reason I've kept the Apex as long as I have has been the engine. Love the sound, performance, and durability. Hate the weight!

As far as the Winders; I've never actually ridden one. I only know from reading and talking with owners that they are well liked. Performance is clearly covered.
But they are not without their issues.

I've sat on a couple and didn't feel comfortable. Maybe the feel just needs to be acquired. Almost took the plunge twice. But I also only want the 129 RTX version which hasn't been made since 2018. Just don't want a 137 or longer, for various reasons.

Which brings me to the Boost. Light 2s weight. Great suspension. Tuneable for higher power, albeit not Winder levels.

So, do performance guys really have to have 260+ hp to like their sled or the performance that "only" 200 or so offers. I don't think so. At least not anymore.

I don't do lake racing and very few high speed runs. 99% of my riding is trails where, for me, corner to corner acceleration is what interests me.

I also really like the styling of the Boost as well.

Oh ok now I understand the question.

The short answer is that I'm tired of the weight penalty that comes with a 4s. That has been the second most disliked aspect of my Apex. The first has been the rear suspension. The only reason I've kept the Apex as long as I have has been the engine. Love the sound, performance, and durability. Hate the weight!

As far as the Winders; I've never actually ridden one. I only know from reading and talking with owners that they are well liked. Performance is clearly covered.
But they are not without their issues.

I've sat on a couple and didn't feel comfortable. Maybe the feel just needs to be acquired. Almost took the plunge twice. But I also only want the 129 RTX version which hasn't been made since 2018. Just don't want a 137 or longer, for various reasons.

Which brings me to the Boost. Light 2s weight. Great suspension. Tuneable for higher power, albeit not Winder levels.

So, do performance guys really have to have 260+ hp to like their sled or the performance that "only" 200 or so offers. I don't think so. At least not anymore.

I don't do lake racing and very few high speed runs. 99% of my riding is trails where, for me, corner to corner acceleration is what interests me.

I also really like the styling of the Boost as well.
Ok thanks.
I do agree the ergos on the Polaris are slightly better than the Winder.

According to VR1 owners, the sled could benefit from the front shocks of the XCR.

Back