• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Well I went a did it!

Sasquatch

Lifetime Member
Website
www.dptc.com
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Yamaha's
2011 Apex XTX has a new home. Thanks to Dougs Small Engines in Castleton who installed the accessories I bought as well for at no extra cost! Seems like a great guy! Course I dropped a few yaws when I told them I had near 18,000 miles on My Warrior.

We all know that not even close to many on this site but for them I think they envied me a bit. Hard to ride and run a shop all winter.

Now the work of sorting out the ride and handling till it suits me begins. I can hardly wait!

Attachments

• Apex XTX.jpg
    Apex XTX.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 170

hey buddy nice sled , hope IRV doesn't see it he'll expect you to pay double for your permit this year and like it LOL .
I just got a black apex se at the end of last year , never got a chance to ride it so let's hope the snow gods are listening

Nice Sled. I hope you love it as you did your Warrior.

I don' t know if you remember me but you once took myself, Matt Chapman, Brian Olsen, and others on a tour of Whiteshell Prov. Park........ great day.

I was the "big guy" who everyone I met said, wait til you meet sasqwuatch He makes you look small.

Any way beautifull sled hope you love it and wear it out. :jump:

Yamadoo

Oh the avatar freaks me out too. But I know just who it is so I can live with it. But it is 'disturbing'. LOL

thunderbolt said:
hey buddy nice sled , hope IRV doesn't see it he'll expect you to pay double for your permit this year and like it LOL .I just got a black apex se at the end of last year , never got a chance to ride it so let's hope the snow gods are listening

Thought you were located in NW Ont, what made you purchase a sled all the way down there?
Nice sled, congrats ;)!

TB, again, go back and re-read what I wrote and please show me where I even implied what it is you think I said, and while you're at it, keep all your comments toward me in that thread please.

Thats also a nice machine! dang,i want a new one now..you could probably ride and puff on a cigar at 50mph with that windshield!

Thanks guys! The sled sure is nice. I went with the big shield and side wings to keep the wind off me. Its not sporty but it works and when touring at -30 to -40 a sporty shield just does not work for me.

Yamadoo I remember you and miss the TY Manitoba rides. I ride with a small group bagging it across Manitoba and Saskatchewan. The new sled will be sweet this winter!

I picked it up way down south because it was the best deal I could find! That and it was the closest or least out of my way. Could not find one near me! I was making a trip down south to visit family anyway so two birds with one stone! I t was there or Nipawin Saskatchewan which was a 10 hours drive compaired to the two hours it took me out of my way to buy the sled at Castleton! It was a nice morning drive bonding with my son inlaw temps in the 20's!

Doug was very easy to talk to and worked hard to please the customer. I would buy there again! And it was nice to show up to get the sled and find the Windshield its wings, the mirrors and skid plate all mounted on the sled for me with no charge! Sled was preped and the Mechanic set up the suspension ride hieght with me on it.

Doug went over the sled with me and familiarized me with it! Answered all my questions. He owns the same sled so he imparted some of his experiance gained! I loaded the sled in the back of the truck and headed back. On the way home I cryed when it rained on it but my wife refused to ride in the back and shield the sled from it! She said it has a cover to protect it! Women just don't understand!

Its in the garage now waiting for winter along with my Warrior and 600ZL. Guess I'll have to sell the Cat. Don't need three sleds really! Even though it may be sacreligious to say on this forum the Cat has been a great trouble free sled with Zero issues! Kind of a shame to let it go as the girls will now want to run the sled with power steering and me to take the old Yami because they don't like the agressive ski's and hard steering of the Warrior. The Cat has been thier sled for 10 years and it steers light.

Sasquatch said:
I picked it up way down south because it was the best deal I could find! That and it was the closest or least out of my way. Could not find one near me! I was making a trip down south to visit family anyway so two birds with one stone! I t was there or Nipawin Saskatchewan which was a 10 hours drive compaired to the two hours it took me out of my way to buy the sled at Castleton! It was a nice morning drive bonding with my son inlaw temps in the 20's!

Doug was very easy to talk to and worked hard to please the customer. I would buy there again! And it was nice to show up to get the sled and find the Windshield its wings, the mirrors and skid plate all mounted on the sled for me with no charge! Sled was preped and the Mechanic set up the suspension ride hieght with me on it.

Doug went over the sled with me and familiarized me with it! Answered all my questions. He owns the same sled so he imparted some of his experiance gained! I loaded the sled in the back of the truck and headed back. On the way home I cryed when it rained on it but my wife refused to ride in the back and shield the sled from it! She said it has a cover to protect it! Women just don't understand!

I have heard great things about Doug's so I am not surprised you also had a great experience dealing with him. ;)!

Back