• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Went to the dealer today

skyboz said:
Hey, I'm not throwing you guys under the bus! All I'm saying is, is that two people that I know of on TY, have time on these skis. Without any other input from a broad range of customers there are a lot of people jumping in with two feet. From a business stand point, I'm very happy you guys are kicking some #*$&@. From a performance stand point, other than the science behind it and what you guys preech, no one truly knows! That's all!

... and we aren't crawling out from under one! I was answering questions not making a rebutl :jump:

In all fairness, we did have quite a few Apex, RX-1 and Nytro customers last year (before the snow melted) that did run the skis and made some posts on here. Those threads are all buried now but I think a lot of our customers who bought early this season did have a base to stand on prior to their purchase. We also had some customers that don't post on here at all but still talk about them on rides and such. Knowing how close everyone is within their groups outside of TY, it's not hard to imagine that some info shared on a ride is not mentioned in a post some days later.

Your resistance now will make it all that much sweeter for us when you finally join the family Sky!

- Sean

www.CurveIndustries.com
www.RideWithRobbie.com

Curve Industries said:
skyboz said:
Hey, I'm not throwing you guys under the bus! All I'm saying is, is that two people that I know of on TY, have time on these skis. Without any other input from a broad range of customers there are a lot of people jumping in with two feet. From a business stand point, I'm very happy you guys are kicking some #*$&@. From a performance stand point, other than the science behind it and what you guys preech, no one truly knows! That's all!

... and we aren't crawling out from under one! I was answering questions not making a rebutl :jump:

In all fairness, we did have quite a few Apex, RX-1 and Nytro customers last year (before the snow melted) that did run the skis and made some posts on here. Those threads are all buried now but I think a lot of our customers who bought early this season did have a base to stand on prior to their purchase. We also had some customers that don't post on here at all but still talk about them on rides and such. Knowing how close everyone is within their groups outside of TY, it's not hard to imagine that some info shared on a ride is not mentioned in a post some days later.

Your resistance now will make it all that much sweeter for us when you finally join the family Sky!
- Sean

www.CurveIndustries.com
www.RideWithRobbie.com

Already adopting me, eh?!? They look sweet as hell! I can't wait to try 'em out. Hey, feel free to send me out a pair to test! If they're that fabulous I'll tack on an extra $50 when I buy them!!!!! Otherwise, I have to wait 'til Lucky 7 let's me try them on his sled............. ;)!

As for ride reports.....I just happen to have a set of these skis. I rode with them on my phazer for the majority of last year and it blew me away how the handling improved. I also rode a nytro with them. While I couldn't compare to stock, the nytro had the same handling characteristics that I found I had gained on my phazer. The nytro did seem to be 'twitchier' (if that's a word) but I believe that was due to the front end geometry. I also know that the guys from Curve spent a lot of time working on setup adjustments to provide tuning tips and specific carbide recomendations for different types of sleds and riding styles.

There are reports out there on the skis, and I can't think of anything negative off of the top of my head. My curves are came off of the phazer when it was sold and are sitting waiting to go on my xtx this week. As soon as I get some miles on, I can post more.

We also have guys like Hondo and 06Vectorgt who purchased with monker right after our release. They had most of the season on our skis and we are very happy to hear about the experience they've received by using our product.

Its getting to be that time Sky and we very much look forward to your feedback after you've put some miles on Lucky's machine.

Ultimately, we want to provide our customers with the very best experience from the sport we all live, breath and love.

- Sean

www.CurveIndustries.com
www.RideWithRobbie.com

Hey thanks for every thing. You cleared up many things for me and others, thank you again. And btw the white with red tips look bada$$! On my 40th

hey I see that you are in waterville, do you have a retail store there? Or like A showroom of some sort? My cousin in stationed at fort drum so he is right there to pick them up if possible, if I get them. Thanks cameron

We just got the whites back in stock again after being sold out for 2 months!

Are you sure you aren't thinking of "Watertown" Cameron? That is 20 miles from Ft. Drum. We are based in Waterville which is over 100 miles SE of Ft. Drum. Although, if your cousin is traveling to PA for Turkey Day he could swing in and pick them up for you with no problem.

- Sean

www.CurveIndustries.com
www.RideWithRobbie.com

I have a set of Curves for my XTX and yes I can't wait to see how they improve the sled, I came off an 05 RX1 which had stock ski's on it and not bragging but I could hang with anyone I ever rode with on the trails because where the skis fell short that is where the rider talent comes in. I am not trying to make myself sound any better than anyone, in fact my expertese is straight line racing only so really what the H%LL do I know about turning. POint is IMO one can't sit and expect a ski only to make a sled handle right, and we all talk about set up but for what condition because where I trail ride I must run across at least 10 different conditions in one day so again it falls back to the rider to make the sled do what he wants it to do at certain times. I am very impressed with the business model that Nick and Sean have displayed time and time again here for all of us on TY. Did anyone from USI pop in for a comment, what about sly dogs, how bout SLP, my point is the curve design theory is out there for all of us to view and even call them and question but I like the fact that you can't find Curves in every powersports wharehouse like some cheap suite in a JC penny's catalog. If one can understand the engineering that was put into these ski's you will put a step in faith that they will perform as good as can be expected and the rest is up to YOU!

my 2 cents.

I agree 100%, the inovation is one large factor in my buying decision, plus last year when I first seen them my first comment was now thats different. Then again in a days ride you can see so many different conditions no ski could be perfect every time. And rider input on this sled (08 NYTRO RTX) was key, when riding for a while if I got lazy or tired the sled was totally differant. I'll be happy if I gain a little, in several differant areas. I wish I lived in West Lyden, NY right now 28+" I Would be checking out the ski flowtation right now :jump:

Sean and I really appreciate all the kind words and belief for what we do.

We understand we are a new company introducing a new product. However, the release of this ski has been in the making for many years. We have made a promise to provide all of you with the absolute best we can offer. We have worked, and will continue to work very hard to give you the customer what you want. Our gratification comes from knowing that we have improved your ride at the end of the day, and increased your fun factor to a new level. We know it will take time to gain trust and respect from the industry. This is why we will continue to work countless hours providing you with the best quality, and customer service that a company can offer.

Nick

www.CurveIndustries.com
www.RideWithRobbie.com

you guys started the design on the skis before nick stopped riding snox right? he stopped in what 02?

like i said earlier, they put more time into the skis than the company who built the sled put into the whole sled

nick are you guys gonna have a set of sleds one with curves and one without to test side-by-side, be a good idea for any races or whatnot you guys go to

FxsX24 said:
you guys started the design on the skis before nick stopped riding snox right? he stopped in what 02?

like i said earlier, they put more time into the skis than the company who built the sled put into the whole sled

nick are you guys gonna have a set of sleds one with curves and one without to test side-by-side, be a good idea for any races or whatnot you guys go to

Let's not get carried away! :drink:

haha... Ok, but we have spent a tremendous amount of time. These skis were not just a whim and a mold, that is for sure!

For liability reasons, it's probably a good idea that we keep people off our own snowmobiles. The idea in and of itself is great though. We will be doing a test and tune day with Excell Motorsports later on this year. We'd like to have a demo set that people put on their own sleds to try out.

- Sean

www.CurveIndustries.com
www.RideWithRobbie.com

You know what I think makes for good customer service? Free stuff.

Nothing sells like free stuff.

Black with black loops for me please.

Back