• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Were the changes to 09 Nytro MTX worth paying a lot more $$

Frostbite

TY 4 Stroke God
Ok, I'll admit it, I'm a lurker that ocassionally jumps in and asks a question.

Frankly, I don't see a whole lot of earthshattering changes to the 09 Nytro MTXs over the 08s. I see the running boards have been improved, the spindles tweaked (maybe) and what else am I missing?

When I can buy a brand new in the crate blue 2008 Nytro MTX without reverse from a dealer with full factory warranty for $6,999 right now a couple hundered miles down the road it makes it tough to spring order a 09 for over $10,000.

Heck, the savings off the list price alone pays for half the cost of a turbo. I sure would like reverse though and I just love the 40th anniversary colors.

I've got a RX-1M with nearly every mod (rider forward, 162 camo extreme, boss seat, holz front end, M7 rear skid, Apex mnt. skis, ECP filters, etc) except a turbo and it works very well but I find myself looking for my next sled.

I'm more interested in getting a nimble boondocker than a point and shoot climber but, to be honest the new XP with the ETEC motor is catching my interest as well.

If I were to buy a Nytro I'm sure I'd upgrade to Camo Extreme track but I'm not sure of what else I'd want to do.

Please help point me in the right direction my fellow Totallyamahaians.

Thanks

Frosty

08 vs 09

The only changes that I know of are revalved shocks with a new single rate spring for the front suspension. New clicker shock for rear skid. Rode both the 08 and 09 and I didn't see any difference in the running boards!
;)! Buy an 08!!

Attachments

• IMG_1034.JPG
    IMG_1034.JPG
    124 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_1044.JPG
    IMG_1044.JPG
    156.3 KB · Views: 86
$6999! Thats a screaming deal! A guy could do a lot of mods with the money you saved
The XTX gets the improved tunnel, front end and clicker shocks.
I figured if a got a MTX, I would want to swap out the Maverick, since the lugs tend to fold over in the firm wet snow we have over here.
So if a track swap is in order anyway, I decided to order a XTX and get the benefits of the 09 upgrades. Plus it's a couple hundred bucks cheaper!
Still staying with a 144" but taller/wider.
The XTX tunnel looks to be more mountian friendly. The way that it tapers in and up more, and has the cut outs for snow to fall through. I can see where it would have an advantage in deep powder. Just add a longer track.

Here's a link to one of the places selling them for $6,999.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-2008 ... enameZWDVW

The other place is also offering a 4 year extended warranty (five year total) for $400 more.

If they get any cheaper, I'm not sure how much longer I will be able to restrain myself. It wasn't long ago when I thought under $9,000 was a killer deal. Now they are under $7,000.

Why would anyone order a sled during the spring power surge any longer (unless of course you had to have a Nytro XTX). The deals are at the END of season are much better now.

Frosty

revalved front shocks and new springs (rebuildables on both 08-09 no real upgrade)

rear suspension front shock upgraded to rebuildable on 09. 08 has elcheapo oil charged shock.

rear suspension clicker adj rear shock on 09. 08 has elcheapo oil charged shock.
decent upgrade to the rears for sure.

for 6999 you could buy timbersleds front and rear suspension upgrades be 45 lbs lighter and be way ahead of the 09's. in price and performance.

my .02 ski

Get the 08. The $3,000 grand difference will buy some sweet rear shocks, a re-valve on the front, different track, ect. You'll be way ahead with the 08.

Only difference in 2008-2009 is the clicker rear skid shock and the spring rate changes on the front suspension. NO GEOMETRY CHANGES. Those were only on the "trail and XTX" versions. I have a nearby dealer selling one with reverse and brand new for under $8,000. Might be able to get a little lower. If anyone is interested, contact me.

Thanks,

Steve

Frostbite said:
Here's a link to one of the places selling them for $6,999.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-2008 ... enameZWDVW

The other place is also offering a 4 year extended warranty (five year total) for $400 more.

If they get any cheaper, I'm not sure how much longer I will be able to restrain myself. It wasn't long ago when I thought under $9,000 was a killer deal. Now they are under $7,000.

Why would anyone order a sled during the spring power surge any longer (unless of course you had to have a Nytro XTX). The deals are at the END of season are much better now.

Frosty

My brother was the winner of that auction. One hell of a deal!!! He was a little scared of the nytro after only riding mine for 2 minutes, so he let my Dad buy it. A friend drove to Oregon and picked it up and also got one for himself.

summitking,

Where was the one in WA?

Now here's an AMAZING coincidence!!!! My nytro mtx w/o reverse came from Denver in December. My Dad's nytro mtx w/o reverse was the one mentioned above in Oregon. He just got it last week. I could not believe it, but our VIN numbers are identical, except his very last digit is a 3 and mine is a 4. So I take it they were built one behind the other on the assembly line, one shipped to Colorado and the other to Oregon. Now they are re-united to members of the same family in Idaho. What are the chances of that?

Back