• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

what a difference

w8in4sno

Veteran
I have always had issues with my attak being unstable especially cornering.
always to much ski lift and the tendency to tip over

installed the 13mm sway bar, lowered front end, revalve and respring the mono..etc

but yesterday i tighted the limiter strap by only one hole and put a little more transfer to the skis....now it feels like a new sled
actually goes where i point it and doesnt want to tip over at all.

good times!!!!

w8in4sno said:

installed the 13mm sway bar, lowered front end, revalve and respring the mono..etc

but yesterday i tighted the limiter strap by only one hole and put a little more transfer to the skis....now it feels like a new sled

good times!!!!

nice to hear, you got to tinker with them alittle, but once you get her dialed in you'll love it ;)!

sawsalesman said:
So you put more transfer to the skis. I guess this gives it a lighter feel?

No, he raised the limiter strap and gave the sled more ski pressure..

I really find it hard to belive that one hole can make that much of a difference.. as my sled is still at the stock setting, and i would have to pull it up atleast 2 holes to add any more ski pressure because the limiter is so loose it actually has a small loop while sitting on the ground

I lowered front end,tighten straps 1 set of holes,transfer rod at minimum,set of snowtrackers on stock skis, This baby is on a rail on hard packed trail. And NO darting!! :Rockon:

welterracer said:
sawsalesman said:
So you put more transfer to the skis. I guess this gives it a lighter feel?

No, he raised the limiter strap and gave the sled more ski pressure..

I really find it hard to belive that one hole can make that much of a difference.. as my sled is still at the stock setting, and i would have to pull it up atleast 2 holes to add any more ski pressure because the limiter is so loose it actually has a small loop while sitting on the ground

We've discussed this before...

Tightening the limiter strap does greatly reduce the inside ski lift and greatly improve the handling - even though the limiter strap appears loose.

One hole makes a big improvement and two holes makes even more of an improvement in handling, but two holes starts to slightly affect the ride in an undesirable way (for me at least). This is with the monoshock skid. With the ProActive CK I prefer it tightened all the way.

You owe it to yourself to give it a try.

Take your sled out and ride some tight, twisty trails. Park on some clean, hard packed snow, lay down beside the sled and tighten the limiter strap by one hole (using one 10mm wrench and a small 10mm socket/ratchet it only takes about a minute). Then ride the same section of trail and see how it handles. Then try two holes tighter (tightest hole) and then go back to 1 hole tighter to get a better feel of the performance change. To tighten it two holes you probably need to park the front of the skid on a small bump but the limiter still won't be tight when you are sitting on the sled, stationary, on flat ground.

You might find that you want to increase the weight transfer setting as you tighten the limiter if you want to maintain reasonable acceleration/traction A tighter limiter combined with increased weight transfer still handles much better than a loose limiter with reduced weight transfer. The stutter bump ride quality also improves with increased weight transfer (with the monoshock).

I plan on giving it a try..

I just dont want to kill my weight transfer, as i love poping wheelies coming over hills..

I will post this someday in a new thread, but I want a tech to tell me what needs to be done as the sled goes from the crate to the showroom? Is this stuff from factory or dealer?

My Vector was set at 75% transfer and on the 4th hole for the straps. I can't compare 100% but I'm now at 25% and in the middle hole. Will probably try the second hole once the sled thaws out for next year.

I had the same amazement with my 05 RX. I've done a lot to it, wide kit, bar,handle bars forward, apex seat. Based on threads here a couple of years ago, I had tightened the strap 3 holes.

The sled rails, but is like steering a Mack Truck. After riding my fathers 08 Vector, I was amazed at the difference, ease of steering so I added 1 hole of length, It's like a new sled! Not up to the 08 Vector, but way improved.

Who'd a thought 1 hole could do so much.

i neglected to mention i also have powder pros with 6 inch shapers.

i put about 120 miles on it the day i made the strap adjustment, the trails where really hardpacked and it railed nicely
gonna do another 100 today and i suspect the trails will be a bit softer today, hopefully it will still be good

ill make another post and fill you guys in

greg

when you lower the front end,so it handles better,the strap gets even looser......so one hole tightened still allow for some good transfer.

two holes is abit too tight IMO....you can loosen the transfer rod abit more to get some transfer back...but dont go much past midway,as ive seen them rip out!

the attack corners even flatter then the apex...the longer track really helps the front keep flat with less transfering back.

finally rode an attack as our bud just bought one....man that thing is sweet...ive never rode a 136 and never wanted too...but man,that attack is sweet...and i think its faster then all the apexs we ride with stock for stock....

the mono in 136 form is as close to a caddylike ride you will get....plush!

Dan

ROCKERDAN said:
finally rode an attack as our bud just bought one....man that thing is sweet...ive never rode a 136 and never wanted too...but man,that attack is sweet...and i think its faster then all the apexs we ride with stock for stock....
the mono in 136 form is as close to a caddylike ride you will get....plush!
Dan

ABSOLUTELY DAN, The new 08 GT is an AWESOME RIDE and YAMAHA's Best 136" Yet :flag:

w8in4sno said:

good times!!!!

Yeh, the worst rap Yamaha gets is from people who buy the sled and expect to hop on it and have the suspension be satisfactory for them without and basic setup.

I am running a Zx2 on my ER, 13mm bar, Slydogs, triple edge, with front saddle shimmed and ski pressure backed off and now one hole up on the strap. I can't believe the difference the one hole made. Like above my lift was bad and felt like I could tip it. Now it's as solid as any sled I have owned. This is a high CG sled. None of these long travel sleds have the low CG as the old no suspension sleds.

Back