• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What do you know about the yamaha zinger 4 60cc kids wheeler

mr.pitstop

Expert
Anyone know anything about a yamaha zinger 4. Its a little 60cc kids 4 wheeler. I picked it up for my son and it runs great but It dosn't stop without stalling. Everytime we try and stop it it stalls. It should have an automatic clutch so it can be stopped and still run but it trys to move as soon as you start it, we start it with the wheels off the ground and then get him started but I'd like it to be able to stop without stalling..

I have the tri-zinger 60cc (same motor) and it does the same thing. My son now has it figured out that he has to rev it a little while sitting. It will idle with the choke on also.

The machine has been in my family since new and as far as I can remember it never idled well on its own.

By the way he was having so much fun on that thing that I decided to fix up my Triz 250 for me to ride. We have been having a blast riding the old school trikes. Although I now have more money into my tri-z than it cost new in 1985.

Those old Tri Z trikes were kick #*$&@ machines. There is a guy local who has an 85 forsale thats in excellent condition. I had banshees growing up 3 of them and I loved the 2 strokes all my life.. Great machines, nothing can touch a modded banshee, even 20 years later.. I had ten grand in my last one and it was a weapon..Sold it (and my wifes blaster) when we had our second child. Now we cruise in the rhino.. Much more practicle, but much slower too....

This brings back memories. My son and myself use to ride the tri zinger and tri z together, 26 years ago. He's now 32 years old. Enjoy your time with your kids. The tri zinger is still around.

Got the clutch working.. I changed the base oil and let the kids run the snot out of it and it started working.. At first it still stalled most of the time but now its working good, you can set the parking brake and start the engine, before it would not start unless the back was off the ground so the tires could spin. It had sat for atleast a year before I got it and I think that may be all it needed.. I'm gunna let them put a couple tanks of gas through it and then change the base oil again.. working great so far, my kids both love it....

Back