• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Venture Lite Running Problems

Sorry if I was unclear. Bad gas will definitely affect a fuel injected engine, but won't cause an "intermittent" problem that can come and go in a second. Where in a carburated engine it can gum up the float so it sticks sometimes or have globs floating in the bowl that can temporarily plug jets.

Sorry if I was unclear. Bad gas will definitely affect a fuel injected engine, but won't cause an "intermittent" problem that can come and go in a second. Where in a carburated engine it can gum up the float so it sticks sometimes or have globs floating in the bowl that can temporarily plug jets.
It’s very common for it to cause an intermittent misfire. Just put the April gas in your vehicle.

Got back out today. Tested, and I believe it is a coil causing the misfire. I'm going to hope it is anyway. Warmed it up and waited for it to die. Pulled it back into the shop, removed the gas tank, and fired it back up. When it was misfiring I pulled the LH Coil plug and it died right away, and wouldn't even try to restart when cranking. Started it again, pulled the RH Coil plug and it continued to run, but misfiring consistently. Swapped coils, and when I pulled the RH coil plug it died and wouldn't restart. When pulling the LH plug it kept running, but misfiring. Problem followed the coil as it would seem. Wiring looks good near the coils, and it made no difference when I pulled and moved the wiring while it was running. Plugs looked like new still, with a little more soot on the RH plug, but it wiped right off. Guess I'll order coils and see what happens.

Got back out today. Tested, and I believe it is a coil causing the misfire. I'm going to hope it is anyway. Warmed it up and waited for it to die. Pulled it back into the shop, removed the gas tank, and fired it back up. When it was misfiring I pulled the LH Coil plug and it died right away, and wouldn't even try to restart when cranking. Started it again, pulled the RH Coil plug and it continued to run, but misfiring consistently. Swapped coils, and when I pulled the RH coil plug it died and wouldn't restart. When pulling the LH plug it kept running, but misfiring. Problem followed the coil as it would seem. Wiring looks good near the coils, and it made no difference when I pulled and moved the wiring while it was running. Plugs looked like new still, with a little more soot on the RH plug, but it wiped right off. Guess I'll order coils and see what happens.
Well done.

Back