• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What does this do?!

clamp

SCA, very creative mod! I think I'll try it too! Gotta love Harbor Freight.

Did you install Yami's HID kit, or something else? How do you like it? We ride at night as much or more as during the day.

I just install the sledstart hid . have not been able to ride yet. may fab that adj. tool also. also the hid patch wire kit did not work for me 2011 se. had to go to battery. call them and they said they are having prolbems with the patch kit on newer sleds

Nice idea, I just remembered I will need to readjust mine too, I just put a m-20 in mine. I have some air pilot screw adjustors I had on my srx I think I will see if they will work. Will be much easier than taking off the light to adjust out on the trail.

steve barber said:
I just install the sledstart hid . have not been able to ride yet. may fab that adj. tool also. also the hid patch wire kit did not work for me 2011 se. had to go to battery. call them and they said they are having prolbems with the patch kit on newer sleds

I installed the HID's with the patch kit a couple of weeks ago. Started it up and everything was working. What issue did you have with yours. I only started it to check on the sledstart/hids/PCV and to bleed the coolant. After that I have not re-started waiting for snow to break it in.

02ViperMody44 said:
steve barber said:

I installed the HID's with the patch kit a couple of weeks ago. Started it up and everything was working. What issue did you have with yours. I only started it to check on the sledstart/hids/PCV and to bleed the coolant. After that I have not re-started waiting for snow to break it in.

Kurt at Sled Start told me that he is trying to figure out the wiring issue on some of the newer model Yamaha's. Kurt is a great guy and he has the best customer service in the business so I am sure that he will make it right for anyone having an issue.

I bought one of the very first HID kits from Sled Start in February of 2010 that has a relay in the wiring harness that is wired with an inline fuse directly to the battery. I did have one ballast failure in January of 2011 and Kurt sent me a new one ASAP.

I have had no other issues with this HID kit and I will never own a sled without HID's now that I have experienced the difference. I had Sylvania Silverstar Ultra's which were brighter than the stock bulbs although they do not last very long. The HID's are way beyond any other type of bulb. It is really unbelieveable how bright (and white) they are.

kurt call me and said he thinks that they have the patch kit fix. said he will send me a new set up and pls give he feed back. nice guy to deal with. does any one know how to get lights on with out starting eng on the newer sleds 2011se. thanks

steve barber said:
does any one know how to get lights on with out starting eng on the newer sleds 2011se. thanks

On my 2007 there is a factory OEM "load control" relay (#59) that is energized only when the engine is running. This relay then in turn powers the headlight circuit fuse (#54) which feeds the high/low beam switch via the blue/white wire. Yamaha obviously designed the lighting circuit this way to prevent the battery from going dead if the head lights were accidentaly left turned on with the engine off.

If I wanted to be able to turn my headlights on with the key switch regardless of whether or not the engine was running, I could take the blue/white wire that supplies power to my high/low beam switch and disconnect it at the headlight fuse (#54). I could then add a new aftermarket relay that is energized by the key switch but that draws power from the battery via an inline fuse and that would power up the blue/ white wire.

The danger with this as I stated above, is that you could run down your battery by having the key switch and kill switch on with the engine not running because the headlight would be on. The tail/brake light circuit could be powered in the same way by doing the same thing to the blue/red wire that connects to the signal fuse (#55).

On a similar note, I disconnected my orange/black accessory socket wire from the fuse (#53) and wired it straight to the battery with an inline fuse so that my heated shield stays hot during trail stops. This is also useful for powering a cell phone or GPS during trail stops with the engine off. This also allows me to connect my Optimate 4 battery charger to my accessory socket to easily charge my battery when the sled is parked in my garage.

arctic cat used to have that same adjustment, but it actually adjusted the front shock in the skid

Back