• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Intermittent Tail Light - Solved

pdiddy

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'11 Apex; '16 Apex XTX; '18 Indy 600 SP;
Been chasing this issue for the last couple seasons and finally found the culprit by setting up a mirror behind the sled so I could watch the taillight while jostling wires around. Found a white connector under the hood where the wires are coupled together. I would not consider this a grounding block but a coupling block for the hot side wires. Whenever I touched it the taillight flickered every time. Opened up the top and there are three shorting sections inside. The first is 6 pins (of which only 3 (white wires) are used, the other two are 4-pins each. Pretty sure the center 4-pin (blue with red dash) was the bad boy. Was able to pry the shorting link out, reversed it and reseated it a couple times and no more issue. Finished off with a good dose of di-electric grease over the top before resealing it. Photo attached - the wires visible are going to another connector right behind the white one.
DSC03781.jpg

Back