• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

what exhaust should i buy?

I installed the Barker slip-on this spring. I have not rode it yet, but just loading and unloading it in my truck yesterday, it is a lot louder than stock.

Is the Super Q really that much louder than the ultra Q. I mean the 4 stroke sound aint like the 2 stroke :p

The Super Q about 3dba louder than the Ultra Q according to Skinz site.

Thanks for all the replies, i am going to put a new exhaust on (not sure which yet) at a later date... just got my sled out of storage and lots of work and $ to put into it without upgrades unfortunately

Emme.g.h. said:
Is the Super Q really that much louder than the ultra Q. I mean the 4 stroke sound aint like the 2 stroke :p

The "loudness" of a sled is more closely related to your distance from the source.

Exhaust noise is mostly due to wavelength. The wavelength of a 4 stroke is twice as long and has less frequency than that of a 2 stroke, because of this the thumper sound travels further with more tone. Making sound louder from a distance. The 2 stroke wavelength is short and tall, making it harshest nearest to the sled, but it disipates rapidly. Also the 2 stroke fires twice as often as the 4 and gives you more combustion noise, the "tinny" sounds.

To the naked ear it is hard to compare which is really loudest. (when dealing with oem exhaust systems.

Its easy.If anyone you ride with or in person says your exhaust is loud then it probably is.I had lot of people say mine was loud but it took seeing light come on in houses I rode by to make me realize it had to go back to stock.I really missed the little power it added but just not worth ticking off the neighbors.Anyone who says the exhaust doesnt add power is dead wrong.Problem is only ones that added power were also loud.

cannondale27 said:
Its easy.If anyone you ride with or in person says your exhaust is loud then it probably is.I had lot of people say mine was loud but it took seeing light come on in houses I rode by to make me realize it had to go back to stock.I really missed the little power it added but just not worth ticking off the neighbors.Anyone who says the exhaust doesnt add power is dead wrong.Problem is only ones that added power were also loud.

When all I could hear was the MBRP barking over the Ipod set on 11 in my ears + my riding buddy's occasional quirks as I passed him in the woods, it was time to go back to stock as well.

Stock doesn't sound THAT bad to me.....

Unfortunately they arent making Excell exhausts for the Phazer any more. I wanted one.

Back