• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What is every one doing for Mods this summer?

I spent the afternoon in the shed today, put a tether on my nytro and installed skinz tunnel bag on the vector.
View attachment 129597
You are a lucky guy to be able to have time to work on your sled!! Right now I am working on Repainting the frame on my truck, so the sled is taking a back seat. Really can not wait for the truck to be done, so I can work on my vector. I always have fun, taking ever thing apart/ going over it, adding mods. Looks good Radianguy!!

Going to put hygear spring kit on and a new track.
Nice!! Is your sled the 121" or 136" rear suspension? Mine is the 136", it rides quite well after I had Hygear rebuild the rear shock. At 11,000 miles it was done for, lol. Now at 18,000 miles, so 7,000 miles since the rebuild and it still rides nice!! How many miles on your sled?

It's just a 121 , I'm also going to replace the track but really don't know which one I should get pretty much trail ride.

I have 7500 hundred miles on, the track is not extremely bad but figured I better change it being I am going to have it all apart.

I have 7500 hundred miles on, the track is not extremely bad but figured I better change it being I am going to have it all apart.
Oh yup. I have 18,000 miles on my original track right now, and going to get this year out of it. So I will probably replace mine at 22-24,000 miles. But my track has no studs in it either.

I added a volt meter to my '07 Vector to keep an eye out for a failing stator. Which I pray won't happen.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170831-205835.png
    Screenshot_20170831-205835.png
    420.7 KB · Views: 109
I added a volt meter to my '07 Vector to keep an eye out for a failing stator. Which I pray won't happen.
Nice!! I thought the stators do not really go on these sleds, vs the Apex which is know for stator issues? Looks good Catman!!

Well, I was lazy & wired it into the low beam headlights. I didn't wanna run a ton of extra wire to the battery, because not only extra to reach, woulda needed even more for slack to open & close the hood.

So, it goes off when the high beams are on, but big deal. Doesn't matter to me.

And the voltage will steadily drop if the stator fails. So if I see it dropping below 13.0-13.5v while running, I'll be concerned.

Nice!! I thought the stators do not really go on these sleds, vs the Apex which is know for stator issues? Looks good Catman!!

The '05-07 973 is known to have stator failure.

By 08 they (Yamaha) got their chit together & improved them. Just like the tensioner.

Got the HIDs installed today, along with the tri-mount handguard mounts. I have pictures to upload, but it is not letting me load them up. Is 12MP to high for this site? As our old 5MP camera worked no problem uploading pictures. Tomorrow going to start my sled and try out the HIDs, and put in my new fuel pump also. Really wish I could upload the pictures.

Bulkhead saver kit is going to get installed down the road. Like in a month or when ever I tear into it more.

Are the fuel pumps a weak issue with these sleds, I haven't had a bit of trouble with mine yet? Also is their only one place that makes the bulkhead saver kit?

Back