• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What is the stock clutching on a mtx?

alxsno

Veteran
Hi guys, I am stretching my phazer and am adjusting my clutch to that of the mtx. I am having a hard time finding what spring and weights to use and would appreciate some help.

You will have to do a little more than just the clutching to match the MTX. I think the drivers are smaller and the gearing is also different. Unless you already plan to change that.

This should help you out with the clutching. There is a manual in the links. It will have all the part #s and give you an idea what you need.

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php? ... c&start=15

5th post from bottom

What are you stretching it to? I am assuming that it isn't already an MTX. What is the size of the track you are going to be running? You could try changing it to a 17 tooth sprocket to start out and see what you think of it. You may not need to mess with the clutching.

well stretching it to a 136. I just moved to Montana from Iowa, So I was gonna reclutch due to altitude difference.

Back