• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What is this ?

With a little wax on at the beginning the belt dust will just wash off. I really like the color scheme as well. I think it will look great on the trails

Bring out a black and gold srx like the 1980 with eps and I will definitely spring order for 2023!!!

The 1980 srx gold and black was the first machine I ever sat on..
My dad bought a new 1980 and was drag racing this sled back then. I was only 5 years old but clearly remembered sitting in front of my dad and him hammering the throttle... man what a rush.. I will never forget the excitement... from that day forward I been a sledhead.

Last edited:
But the original SRX was white:dunno:
attachment.php

I think a retro black and gold would be killer
SRX-Beauty.jpg
That 77 SRX is the holy grail of snowmobiles. The 80's were cool looking for sure but the slowest of the first gen. SRX'S

That 77 SRX is the holy grail of snowmobiles. The 80's were cool looking for sure but the slowest of the first gen. SRX'S

Where is the Gold color on the '77 SRX that Yamaha is using on the new 2022 SRX?

I think the L/C decal on the hood and there is a gold pinstripe with the red one that goes around the front of the hood. Not 100% sure tho it's been a long time since I have seen an original 77 far and few between now days.

There ya go, my bad I knew one of them had gold emblems, maybe it's a combo of 76 & 77 graphics. I would be willing to bet the marketing company that came up with this design has no idea how the first gen SRX'S effected the true faithful Yamaha fans.

So it appears that even though Yamaha is touting that the new 2022 SRX colors are paying homage to the "sacred" 1977 SRX the colors are a combination of 1976 and 1977 colors. I know that a lot of guys/gals are digging the new colors but it just doesn't work for me on the Pro Cross chassis. To each his own I guess.

That being said, if they were to drop the gold and black colors that were used one year only on the 1980 SRX.....

upload_2021-3-27_9-28-27.png

upload_2021-3-27_9-29-27.png

This one needs a few tweaks but I would throw down for that look in a heartbeat, especially with some sweet Ohlins shocks.

TakeMyMoney.JPG

Last edited:
So it appears that even though Yamaha is touting that the new 2022 SRX colors are paying homage to the "sacred" 1977 SRX the colors are a combination of 1976 and 1977 colors. I know that a lot of guys/gals are digging the new colors but it just doesn't work for me on the Pro Cross chassis. To each his own I guess.

That being said, if they were to drop the gold and black colors that were used one year only on the 1980 SRX.....

View attachment 161076

View attachment 161077

I would throw down for that look in a heartbeat.

View attachment 161078
Is that a real wrap or photoshop ?
Where are the gold ski tips ?

View attachment 161076

View attachment 161077

I would throw down for that look in a heartbeat.

View attachment 161078
Not me man that looks to much like the 21 GT and I'm not a fan of those.

Back